Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bike 2 Bike communication

I was just wondering, after searching high & low, is there a good product on the market that allows bike to bike communication?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Rendel Harris | 8 months ago
0 likes

Anything good is seriously expensive and often requires fairly bulky batteries etc. If you and whomever you wish to communicate with has an unlimited minutes phone contract and a phone with good battery life, why not just use them with an earphone and mic?

Cugel | 8 months ago
1 like

Do bicycles talk .... and to one another!?  I nivver knew. What do they discuss? Mine haven't said a word to me - although they can make complaining noises if I don't feed them grease, oil and attention.

"This one on me's an eejit - he just missed jamming me front wheel in that drain cover with the slots goin' the wrong way."

"Cuh, that's nuthin. Mine can't change the gears without a clash-clatter and he's pedallin' at 51rpm. Me cranks are killin' me."

"Let's throw them both in a ditch."

Is that bicycle AI that's got loose, then? A bicycle AI gizmo is surely The Next Big Thing.

Oldfatgit | 8 months ago
0 likes

There's a wonderful device, that's free called Voice.

Seriously though... how far apart are the riders that want to communicate?
Many two way radios have Vox activation, throat mics and ear peices.

Latest Comments