Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Targets for 2014

There has been a complete lack of new forum threads recently so i thought i could start a new one off just for people to get back into the swing of things.

My aims are simple - do better than last year.

In all honesty i'm aiming for top of my area, top 10 in the forum scorums league and a couple of stage wins.

It will take a bigger effort than this year but you've got to aim for something.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

37 comments

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Twybados too (although you could argue he had a practice last year). But I don't seem able to catch him at the moment, been 500/600 points behind for a couple of months now.

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

19th in the FSUCI rankings too Joel.....should be enough for a spot in the ProTour division next season particularly as you still seem to be turning in the points.

Newcomer of the year perhaps...at least amongst the regular forum users(backflipbedlam would have been my pick for last year)?

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Woo hoo, up a couple of places in my leagues in my first season.

1st in Bike Radar
3rd in London
10th in Forum Scorum
31st overall

Got to be quite pleased.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Five? Rather you than me. Two is plenty.

cherrypicked | 9 years ago
0 likes

Congratulations on meeting your goal cgipryan, and of course on the birth of your daughter - I hope it is all going well for you. We had our fifth in March...

cgipryan replied to cherrypicked | 9 years ago
0 likes
cherrypicked wrote:

We had our fifth in March...

You've just become my new personal hero...

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

My goal for this year was to be 1st overall by the end of the Tour de France, because just afterwards my first child was due. Well, my daughter arrived a tiny bit early, so I guess it's mission accomplished for this year. I'll try to keep playing, but...

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Being ahead of Wig so far is a +

Being knocked down to 4th in fs and 8th overall due to a poor Giro was not what I hoped for (would have been worse had I not been on my game for ToC).

Generally not been my best so far despite 2nd in ToC, 3rd in Med and 3rd in Algarve (plus a stage win in Algarve I think). Must be better in longer races (only 73rd in the Giro). Purist has been poor, down in 15th overall.

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

Didn't write my goals on this thread at the start of the year but my main aim is to finish above 42nd overall. I was at one point 42nd in fantasy premier league so I'd like to get higher than that in a sport I actually care about.

I'm currently 21st in standard so it's working well. Re-assessing my goals I'd like to keep my first place in London; let's see how that goes.

And not crumple at the end of a stage race after doing well at the start (Classics, Catalunya)

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Targets for the second half of the season are to continue my improvement in my rookie season. Have bagged a stage win in my first GT, led the standings on it for a couple of days. Have finished 6th in one stage race and am sitting pretty high up in my leagues including 39th overall.

Pleased as punch really, but hopefully there is more to come. Have learnt loads so far.

enrique replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

...hopefully there is more to come. Have learnt loads so far.

You have done so well!  1

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm sure I put some aims up somewhere but can't remember where. Probably something along the lines of top 20 overall and a top 20 in the Giro (my favourite GT).

Basically screwed up both, totally missed the Giro del Trentino so scored 0 points and messed up a couple of early Giro stages making risky transfers so dropped right out of contention. If I'd scored an average 500 points in Trentino I'd still only be 38th, really need to up my game.

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

I did jot them down on another thread. Can't find it now but I think it was something like improve my performance in the Grand Tours and get a better score in the overall, ideally breaking into the top 100 excluding premium races (think I finished in the 90s in the overall overall)

Looking OK for both so far, though the latter is largely a result of the former (my spring classics campaign in particular being rubbish). However even at this stage I reckon top 100 in the non-premium is already beyond my grasp.

VVV73 replied to Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

Came 4th in Paris -Nice standard last year was hoping to go 3 better  1 failed, but did get 2nd in paris -nice Purist.
This is my second year and first year premium, Currently sitting in second in Overall Purist (non-Premium races) pretty happy with that.
Would also like to finish on top of one of the rest of the world leaderboards (my region).
Good luck.

VVV73 replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:

Came 4th in Paris -Nice standard last year was hoping to go 3 better  1 failed, but did get 2nd in paris -nice Purist.
This is my second year and first year premium, Currently sitting in second in Overall Purist (non-Premium races) pretty happy with that.
Would also like to finish on top of one of the rest of the world leaderboards (my region).
Good luck.

Correction, currently 1ST  1 Overall purist (non-prem races)
20th Overall Purist all races

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

How's everyone doing compared to their aims?

chiv30 replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

How's everyone doing compared to their aims?

Well I've had forum fun ....Enrique paid up and I'm only 68 points behind Dr who is sat in 15 in the fs overall.....
So far I'm spot on for my years goals

enrique replied to chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

Well I've had forum fun ....Enrique paid up and I'm... behind Dr...

And you've been 'demuted'!  1

chiv30 replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
chiv30 wrote:

Well I've had forum fun ....Enrique paid up and I'm... behind Dr...

And you've been 'demuted'!  1

Unfortunately being muted wasn't one of my goals  45

chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Have more fun on the forum whilst hopefully getting finishing top 15 in fs league ...oh and more Enrique bashing if he hasn't paid up this season  4

enrique replied to chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

... and more Enrique bashing if he hasn't paid up this season  4

God. No. Please. I wouldn't be able to take it. So, just in case, Dave, can I send you a US Postal Money Order a few weeks before the Giro? Would you accept it since I'm electronically challenged?  1

Efe M. Balli | 10 years ago
0 likes

-Survive in a Category 1 road race
-Back to back double centuries for a week
-Turkish Time Trial Championship title
Yes, I'm asking too much.

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

I'd like a Grand Tour stage win and the overall in the South West  26

adholman | 10 years ago
0 likes

Is the forum league "Forum Scorum"?

TERatcliffe26 replied to adholman | 10 years ago
0 likes
adholman wrote:

Is the forum league "Forum Scorum"?

Correct

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

It would also be nice to get to the 3rd stage of a race without thinking "thats me buggered for the win".  102

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Was 21st last year, so I guess I'm aiming for top 20! Can't imagine I'll top my 3rd in Purist though.

My main aim is to finally win a competition in the bloody Forum league!

For those of you that were rookies this year - take heart from the fact that I came 178th in my first season and 21st in my second without really spending any more time on it - a year of following things closely makes a hell of a difference when you're scanning those startlists...

adholman | 10 years ago
0 likes

This was my first full season and experience certainly helps you rack up more points. My target for next season is to get more Top Ten badges, win one race and crack the top 50 in a Grand Tour!

oddbydefault | 10 years ago
0 likes

I always get excited and interested about these sorts of topics... then realise it's about FANTASY cycling  29

Anyone got any thought on their real world goals for 2014  3

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ah ha, got you, yeah, you have to leave the stage to fully update before closing the page and I was trying to close down things and hit that one.

BUT, I shall be doing all game work on a different browser to web surfing this year  19

Pages

Latest Comments