Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France - Stage 9

Right high mountains! Missed the deadline this morning, don't want to make the same mistake twice so doing my team now.
Worth getting froome in for tomorrow?
With a flat then itt stage after bit worried about bringing in too many climbers!
Anyways discuss! !

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

112 comments

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Don't mind sharing. Want some advice really. Thoughts on the below?

Sagan
Froome (cav)
Nieve (kwia)
Schleck (dumoulin)
Voeckler (garcia)
Hoogerland
Mederel
Fischer
Bono

Merci!

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

After tomoro's stage there is a rest day so you will have at least 4 transfers to play with so to many climbers shouldn't be a problem for the flat stage that follows.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

After today's stage, I couldn't care about the game anymore. Its going to be a Sky bore fest again.... Sat on the front, dictating the pace for ever climb

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Im happy to give you my team

Froome
Mollema
Quintana
Rolland
Nieve
Noval
Mederel
Fischer
Gutierrez

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Snap,

Christopher Froome
Richie Porte
Laurens Ten Dam
Danny Van Poppel
Bauke Mollema
Jerome Coppel
Murilo Antonio Fischer
Maxime Mederel
José Ivan Gutierrez Palacios

Put Ten Dam and Mollema in purely because of the way they climbed today and they seem to be amongst the best of the rest without the GC boys.

bogdogs | 10 years ago
0 likes

If the teams want to beat Sky, they have to throw the race book out the window and attack, attack, attack. It was easy for Sky to control one mountain stage, big deal. Let's see them do it with half the Peloton working against them. This is far from over.

The question is - Will enough GC contenders have the guts to challenge?

Jonas Lorenzen | 10 years ago
0 likes

Too good to be "pure" yesterday!? The big question for today..pick the break-aways and save some transfers for the coming flats/TT. Will old man Voeckler have anything left, except his funny looks or will Rolland? Questions..questions that need answers!

Jonas Lorenzen | 10 years ago
0 likes

Wonder if Kwiatowski love that white jersey som much he'll skip the resting day and just go straight on to stage 10...

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

1. Chris Froome
2. Nairo Quintana
3. Dan Moreno
4. Daniel Navarro
5. Mikel Nieve
6. Jose Ivan Gutierrez Palacios
7. Andy Shrek
8. Murilo Antonio Fischer
9. Fabio Sabatini

JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

I am supporting my router....

Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (MOV)

Bauke Mollema (BEL)

Laurens Ten Dam (BEL)

Michal Kwiatkowski (OPQ)

Richie Porte (SKY)

Johnny Hoogerland (VCD)

Frederik Willems (LOT)

Murilo Antonio Fischer (FDJ)

Maxime Mederel (SAU)

...funny what influences ones picks.

JAndrewHill replied to JAndrewHill | 10 years ago
0 likes

nervous...sagan might do well

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

My dilemma is Rolland or Voeckler.

Voeckler didn't look strong yesterday and Rolland was still chasing KoM points to keep the jersey but he's not too far down on GC and today screams Voeckler to me.

Hmmmm  39

Edit: made my changes and I can guarantee that absolutely no one has made the same  19

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

No changes today

Froome
Contador
Quintana
Schleck
Gadret
Serpa
Hoogerland
Gasparotto
Fischer

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

I was a Valverde instead of Rodriguez away from a 200 point day yesterday, had Valverde to do better over the tour but thought J-Rod would do well yesterday before fading in the Alps. Never mind, still into the top 100. Made 2 changes today...

Frooome
Mollema (for Rodriguez)
Nieve
Quintana
De Gendt (for Schleck - got to gamble a little)
Hoogerland, Muravyev, El Fares, Le Mevel

Originally planned to save a transfer but the potential break points were too tempting - lets hope De Gendt fancies a pop...

dave atkinson replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

After today's stage, I couldn't care about the game anymore. Its going to be a Sky bore fest again.... Sat on the front, dictating the pace for ever climb

should be able to pick up some easy points then, eh  39

or are you getting your excuses in early?  19

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Schar and Dennis dns today

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

Dennis will be in a few purist teams(mine included!!).

0 likes

Rolland
Talansky
Quintana
Porte
Ten dam
D V P
Mederel
Oroz
Willems

3 changes today

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Out, Froome and Kwiatkowski.
In, Voeckler and De Gendt.

Unashamedly chasing the break today.

Voeckler
Rolland
De Gendt
Nieve
Anton
Kadri
Fischer
Palacios
Mederel

ray silvester replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Rolland
Talansky
Quintana
Porte
Ten dam
D V P
Mederel
Oroz
Willems

3 changes today

Oh Yes....we have a new nickname....D V P....nice one  16

0 likes

Johnny H trying to get away again!

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looks like a good day to have dropped sagan! Doh

thefatcyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes

This is why I do not like Froome. He has no brains, this stage has breakaway written all over it, Sky should be on the front controlling the race, Froome has blasted his team out the water, idiot. Control the race FFS.

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

my 5 main riders are in the yellow jersey group at least  39

Alan Tullett replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Im happy to give you my team

Froome
Mollema
Quintana
Rolland
Nieve
Noval
Mederel
Fischer
Gutierrez

I'm not surprised you've got Rolland. I think a lot of people will today. Not sure Nieve will do much today but he paid for himself yesterday as far as I'm concerned.

Got

Froome
Valverde
Rolland
Nieve
Sicard
Serpa
Le Mevel
Gutierrez
El Fares (who's injured but will be out soon)

3 wild cards: Sicard, Serpa and maybe Le Mevel given that Cofidis have done bugger all so far. Today is the first day a break could go away and I can't see that happening again until next Sat or Sun as the sprinters and Sagan will shut down next week in the fight for the green jersey. Actually didn't make a transfer for the first time in the Tour and after taking 60 points in penalties and today is the day my two-stage saving transfers strategy needs to pay off as I lost out not having Porte or Quintana yesterday. Still top 100 though, amazingly, so still in with a shout but I'm going to need 2 or 3 break artists to come off as well as avoiding silly mistakes. The ITT is the one stage where I'm not sure quite what to do.

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Trofimov (Katusha), Hesjedal y Danielson (Garmin), Antón (Euskaltel-Euskadi) y Rolland (Europcar) up the road with short gap, less than half a minute.

Wondered which Euskaltel rider it would be. Anton a bit pricey for the risk though. Hope Rolland gets some decent mountain points today but doesn't look like there are going to be any break wins just yet. Maybe in the Alps. Porte appears to be behind the yellow jersey group. Don't know why as I've only just turned on the TV. Looks like it's going to be a long day today. Wine and food with the Tour followed by another beautiful evening ride.

No' it's not Anton. Even the Spanish site have got it wrong it's Jon Izagirre. (114) I'm assuming with that that Steephill have the numbers right.

0 likes

This is going to be a good day! Some real racing! Valverde off the front with another Movistar, Quintana, Rui Costa? Not sure. Froome chases on.

0 likes

Ruben Plaza is the other Movistar. (127) Riders all over the place.

0 likes

Castroviejo up there with Valverde and Plaza, Froome comfortable sitting on.

thefatcyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes

Dennis did not start, Guittierrez just abandoned, thats 2 of my team gone. Now do I let it ride purist wise, or make changes over the rest day, and let that team ride to the end mmmmmm, neither regular and no longer purist  39

Pages

Latest Comments