Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Purist Tour de France 2013

Just tried to sit down and pick a Purist team for the TdF and it's hard!

Lots of high value riders, very few very cheap riders and not many bargains to be had, this is going to be a tough race to get right from a fantasy point of view.

My thinking at the minute is Froome plus 1 high value rider (Sagan/Cavendish or maybe Contador/Voeckler) then some mid and low priced riders but there's not much quality lower down, might have to rethink and go for lots of mid-range guys...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

101 comments

chrisdstripes replied to thefatcyclist | 10 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

interesting, all the leader in the purist league have pick 5 fast men and padded out wilt low cost. They will pay in the mountains, but do you think this is a viable strategy, rather than say picking 2pc, 1 gc, 2 km, etc etc, intrigued an time will tell

That was my plan initially - due to the high intermediate sprint points the sprinters can score on virtually every stage- but I panicked and brought in Froome and Talansky at the last minute. Will be interested to see if Cav/Kristoff will turn out to have been a better choice...

letsgoup | 10 years ago
0 likes

I went all GC and climbers. I feel the only mistake was not picking Sagen. I think the out and out sprinters will ultimately score less. The test will be at the end of the Tour when we find out who scored more. Froome or Sagen  39

paulfrank | 10 years ago
0 likes

It's NOT going too well when my Lampre DS's are scoring way more points then my star rider (Froome; I don't think Sky will be repeating last year's success.

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

I think Froome has probably got more points than expected at this point.....his tour starts today.

If your 'Lampre DS' is Serpa then I expect him to go well today.

Alan Tullett replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

I think Froome has probably got more points than expected at this point.....his tour starts today.

If your 'Lampre DS' is Serpa then I expect him to go well today.

Well, I hope so as he's in my standard team but not my purist. Done ok with Sagan so far. Now Froome, Porte and Quintana have their chance.

arsene replied to arsene | 10 years ago
0 likes
arsene wrote:

Sagan
Quintana
Hesjedal
Navarro
Vichot
Cimolai
Schleck
Gadret
Le Mevel

I always prefer a balanced team. Not having Froome is a risk though.

As it turned out an unbalanced team seems to be the better choice. As I play with 2 purist teams I also made an unbalanced team which I'm quite content with now:
Froome
Sagan
Quintana
Vichot
Cimolai
Gadret
Hoogerland
Le Mevel
Gutierrez

enrique replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

[A]nother bit of useless trivia :)...

Ok, here I go again... It's taken me a while, but, here's my stab at what might have been the Best Purist Team Possible for the 2013 Tour!  1

40.0 Peter Sagan
28.8 Michal Kwiatkowski
25.3 Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas
17.2 Marcel Kittel
11.7 Mikel Nieve Ituralde
9.1 Danny Van Poppel
8.4 Christophe Riblon
5.2 William Bonnet
3.7 Julien El Fares

For a total of 1881 points! Good enough to have come in No. 779 in the Overall Competition! With no transfers!  1

You know, I could have never imagined a Purist Team without Froome on it!  7

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just because no-one replied yesterday, doesn't mean you just edit it to bump it back up the list.

I understand you may have had a word in your ear? Please listen to it  3

Low Speed Wobble | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I was in a hurry posting that thread for an event, so I bumped it. The event is finished and I didn't manage to get there.

I am still looking for a lift though, so I edited the thread  19 .

>>>>Corner>>>> bye  3

enrique replied to Low Speed Wobble | 10 years ago
0 likes
Low Speed Wobble wrote:

Pot. Kettle. Black.

'  3 '

Thanks!  1

Pages

Latest Comments