Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of California Stage 8

Well its been a good week for many teams, and now my team is in a mess, and looks like I will drop out of the top 20 overall due to the inevitable sprint.

I was gonna bring in Sagan and Farrar for Meyer and Tejay. I would have liked to bring in Meersman too, but to do that would involve penalty points and taking out Rogers or Craddock, but is it worth it, as Meersman would have to finish at least 5th just to break even  39

On the other hand I could avoid Sagan, but that would still involve penalty points, but I fancy Sagan for tonight, to wrap up the points jersey

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

32 comments

MartyMcCann replied to TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
NeilG83 wrote:
johnny2names wrote:

Surely they are still having breakfast in Cali!

The stage started at 8.30AM local time.

From previous experience the last stage of the ToC has always started much earlier than the rest of the stages, but I couldn't tell you why

According to Brian Smith, the early start was so that they could include crossing the Golden Gate Bridge as part of the route- bloody cyclo-tourists, eh?!  3

TERatcliffe26 replied to MartyMcCann | 10 years ago
0 likes
Otis Bragg wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
NeilG83 wrote:
johnny2names wrote:

Surely they are still having breakfast in Cali!

The stage started at 8.30AM local time.

From previous experience the last stage of the ToC has always started much earlier than the rest of the stages, but I couldn't tell you why

According to Brian Smith, the early start was so that they could include crossing the Golden Gate Bridge as part of the route- bloody cyclo-tourists, eh?!  3

Cheers for that insight  1

Pages

Latest Comments