Home

Well its been a good week for many teams, and now my team is in a mess, and looks like I will drop out of the top 20 overall due to the inevitable sprint.

I was gonna bring in Sagan and Farrar for Meyer and Tejay. I would have liked to bring in Meersman too, but to do that would involve penalty points and taking out Rogers or Craddock, but is it worth it, as Meersman would have to finish at least 5th just to break even  39

On the other hand I could avoid Sagan, but that would still involve penalty points, but I fancy Sagan for tonight, to wrap up the points jersey

32 comments

Avatar
chrisdstripes [1723 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I took a chance of not really picking TT specialists, so not having to make transfers yesterday leaving me 4 today. I think it worked, got 348 for the 2 stages and can now have Sagan, Meersman, Farrar plus one for tonight. You must have picked up 200+ pts on me this week TER - I need a change of fortunes!

Avatar
northstar [1108 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I don't think they do but do team mates get points for the overalL GC rider?

Ta.

Avatar
ray silvester [1836 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
northstar wrote:

I don't think they do but do team mates get points for the overalL GC rider?

Ta.

No

Only teamates of the stage winner.

Avatar
northstar [1108 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Cheers ray : )

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4611 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

I took a chance of not really picking TT specialists, so not having to make transfers yesterday leaving me 4 today. I think it worked, got 348 for the 2 stages and can now have Sagan, Meersman, Farrar plus one for tonight. You must have picked up 200+ pts on me this week TER - I need a change of fortunes!

Yup Ive had a pretty good week (not bad in the giro either) Im sure my luck will drop off at some point.
It defo worked as I only scored 356 over the past two stages. Had I gone for Dennis over DZ, that would have made a big difference. Maybe my big loss was gong for Chavanel when I should have played safe with Frank

Ive decided just to go with Sagan and Farrar today

Avatar
ray silvester [1836 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I'm bringing in Sagan,Meersman and Boeckmans

Avatar
Gkam84 [9086 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

I took in Sagan and Matthews

Avatar
AWPeleton [3292 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

made 5 changes for a 30 point hit. Lets hope it all goes to plan.

Avatar
stevemarks [470 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Bought in 3 sprinters cost me 10 penalties decided to leave Meersman out, big gamble as he is one of the first names on my teamsheet normally but seemed to be suffering a bit last few days, on the flat, hoping the plan works too. Wouldn't have done it any different with hindsight, I suffered from my lack of knowledge of US riders at the start otherwise I might have been a top 10 contender.

 39

Avatar
Gkam84 [9086 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Jason McCartney, Antoine Duchesne and De Gendt are the break today  4

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4611 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

Bought in 3 sprinters cost me 10 penalties decided to leave Meersman out, big gamble as he is one of the first names on my teamsheet normally but seemed to be suffering a bit last few days, on the flat, hoping the plan works too. Wouldn't have done it any different with hindsight, I suffered from my lack of knowledge of US riders at the start otherwise I might have been a top 10 contender.

 39

Not sure you could say Meersman was suffering, he came 15th yesterday, maybe just lacking some top end speed, but not suffering

Avatar
livestrongnick [2118 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Brought in Matthews, Sagan, Farrar, Jones & Hushovd for a 10 point penalty

Kept on to
TJ
Rogers
Acevedo
Voss

Avatar
drheaton [3318 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Just three changes for me, angling for another full house badge rather than a massive score.

Avatar
Alan Tullett [1568 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

I took a chance of not really picking TT specialists, so not having to make transfers yesterday leaving me 4 today. I think it worked, got 348 for the 2 stages and can now have Sagan, Meersman, Farrar plus one for tonight. You must have picked up 200+ pts on me this week TER - I need a change of fortunes!

Yup Ive had a pretty good week (not bad in the giro either) Im sure my luck will drop off at some point.
It defo worked as I only scored 356 over the past two stages. Had I gone for Dennis over DZ, that would have made a big difference. Maybe my big loss was gong for Chavanel when I should have played safe with Frank

Ive decided just to go with Sagan and Farrar today

Brought in Sagan yesterday for the points and a full house. Got 5 sprinters today including him with a 10 point pen.
Sagan, Farrar, Hushovd, Matthews and on a whim Boeckmans plus TJ, Acevedo, Rogers and Mancebo.

Avatar
johnny2names [198 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Arg, when did the window close? Missed it.  20

Avatar
johnny2names [198 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Grrrr, I'm peed off. Should have checked the time, assumed I'd be ok though. Surely they are still having breakfast in Cali! Defending 10th on this tour too. That's gone now- unless a 15 man break makes it  4

Anyways, would have brought in Sagan, farrar, Matthews and meersman, taking 20 point pen, and binning my GC guys in most efficient way to defend GC points. For the record.

Now I'll go and mope in my corner....

Avatar
Alan Tullett [1568 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Did my transfers yesterday as normal, even though leaving it to the last minute is sometimes advantageous. Only just checked the TV schedule though to see it's on soon!

Avatar
NeilG83 [293 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
johnny2names wrote:

Surely they are still having breakfast in Cali!

The stage started at 8.30AM local time.

Avatar
NeilG83 [293 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Breakaway of 3 with 60km to go:
De Gendt - Vacansoleil
McCartney - Bissell
Duchesne - Bontrager

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4611 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
NeilG83 wrote:
johnny2names wrote:

Surely they are still having breakfast in Cali!

The stage started at 8.30AM local time.

From previous experience the last stage of the ToC has always started much earlier than the rest of the stages, but I couldn't tell you why

Avatar
stevemarks [470 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Dr Heaton:

I did say "a bit" and based it on the failure to score on the flat last time out (53rd), but there may have been a reason for that. I have not been able to follow the race too closely, due to the Giro and other commitments. Sometimes I feel Fantasy cycling is taking over half my life  13 Like what am I doing on here now on a Sunny Sunday afternoon?

 19

Had to pick one of four sprinters to leave out and that was my reasoning.

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4611 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

Dr Heaton:

I did say "a bit" and based it on the failure to score on the flat last time out (53rd), but there may have been a reason for that. I have not been able to follow the race too closely, due to the Giro and other commitments. Sometimes I feel Fantasy cycling is taking over half my life  13 Like what am I doing on here now on a Sunny Sunday afternoon?

 19

Had to pick one of four sprinters to leave out and that was my reasoning.

Think you may mean me not Drheaton.

I wasn't questioning your decision, I just didn't think he was suffering. The reason he came 53rd on that stage was that the top 15 or so riders broke away and finished a minute ahead of the peleton, and so he probably didn't feel the need to sprint for 16th or so. It takes up alot of my free time too, but as I finish work at either 8 or 10 its been easy just to come in and watch the ToC

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4611 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Sagan wins

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4611 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Sagan
Schorn
Farrar
Meersman
Hanson
Hushovd
Matthews
Keogh
Chavanel
?

Avatar
TERatcliffe26 [4611 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Full house for my standard team

1,3,9 then 2,3,5,6,7,8 on GC

1,4,7 for purist

Avatar
stevemarks [470 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
stevemarks wrote:

Dr Heaton:

I did say "a bit" and based it on the failure to score on the flat last time out (53rd), but there may have been a reason for that. I have not been able to follow the race too closely, due to the Giro and other commitments. Sometimes I feel Fantasy cycling is taking over half my life  13 Like what am I doing on here now on a Sunny Sunday afternoon?

 19

Had to pick one of four sprinters to leave out and that was my reasoning.

Think you may mean me not Drheaton.

I wasn't questioning your decision, I just didn't think he was suffering. The reason he came 53rd on that stage was that the top 15 or so riders broke away and finished a minute ahead of the peleton, and so he probably didn't feel the need to sprint for 16th or so. It takes up alot of my free time too, but as I finish work at either 8 or 10 its been easy just to come in and watch the ToC

Sagan!

Meersman fourth probably would not have been worth the penalty points although I would have been better leaving out Matthews.

Sorry to confuse you with Dr Heaton I should have gone back and checked the thread.

Good luck with the Giro, still hoping for a top twenty finish there myself.

Avatar
stevemarks [470 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Great Weekend for Nett App! Those guys are rocking now shame about the TDF wildcard, anyone know if we are going to see them in the Vuelta?

Avatar
chrisdstripes [1723 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

12468 for purists and full house for std - was hoping for a good last day and it went rather well. Will endeavour to not even look at the site for the whole day tomorrow now...

Avatar
Ghedebrav [1100 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Like every other participant I picked Sagan, but not a good day otherwise. Boekmans again disappointed, think I only have Thor in the top ten as well as the bumbotherer.

Avatar
JAndrewHill [1207 posts] 3 years ago
0 likes

Are the points for stage 8 going up sometime? I noticed it saysthe tour califormia is now closed, but o havent seen my stage 8 results....  4
;0)

Pages