Milan - San Remo

by Philip Unwin   March 12, 2013  

Can I just put a dampener on things by saying that the forecast for Lombardy and Liguria on Sunday is heavy rain.

160 user comments

Latest 30 commentsNewest firstBest ratedAll

Ciolek gets the win. Sagan burned too much energy chasing Cancellara down I think.

posted by TheBigMong [218 posts]
17th March 2013 - 18:00

like this
Like (1)

Haha, I WAS wrong. Good old Gerald.

Don't buy upgrades. Ride up grades. (Merckx)

obutterwick's picture

posted by obutterwick [517 posts]
17th March 2013 - 18:00

like this
Like (2)

2,3,4 for me

'Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you'

livestrongnick's picture

posted by livestrongnick [1404 posts]
17th March 2013 - 18:01

like this
Like (3)

1.Ciolek
2.Sagan
3.Cancellara
4.Chavanel
5.Paolini
6.Stanard
7.Phinney
9.Kristoff
9.Cavendish
10.Eisel

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3504 posts]
17th March 2013 - 18:02

like this
Like (3)

1,2,3 for my purists Cool

posted by ray silvester [1520 posts]
17th March 2013 - 18:03

like this
Like (1)

Cracking race fairplay, anyone moaning about that should watch a different sport

posted by chiv30 [595 posts]
17th March 2013 - 18:03

like this
Like (1)

2,3 for standard. 1,9 for purist. Could have been better but I'm not going to complain

posted by simon F [869 posts]
17th March 2013 - 18:05

like this
Like (4)

ray silvester wrote:
1,2,3 for my purists Cool

Booo haha!

2,3,6,17,19 for my purist team

2,3,19 for my standard team

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3504 posts]
17th March 2013 - 18:05

like this
Like (3)

11 Ventoso
12 Colbrelli
13 Haussler
14 Gasparotto
15 Turgot
16 Roelandts
17 Bardet
18 Degenkolb
19 Offredo

posted by simon F [869 posts]
17th March 2013 - 18:05

like this
Like (2)

Stannard is a BEAST.

Sir Velo

Raleigh's picture

posted by Raleigh [1725 posts]
17th March 2013 - 18:06

like this
Like (3)

11.Ventoso

Gasparotto and others made up 12-16

17.Bardet
18.Degenkolb
19.Offredo

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3504 posts]
17th March 2013 - 18:07

like this
Like (2)

Raleigh wrote:
Stannard is a BEAST.

It's just his Stannard Operating Procedure.

posted by chokofingrz [194 posts]
17th March 2013 - 18:15

like this
Like (1)

Great race! Loved it. Cheering Stannard on for the last hour, and Ciolek in the sprint - finished with 1,2,4 in both fantasy teams too!

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1355 posts]
17th March 2013 - 18:16

like this
Like (4)

chokofingrz wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
Stannard is a BEAST.

It's just his Stannard Operating Procedure.


Nice Smile

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1355 posts]
17th March 2013 - 18:16

like this
Like (3)

So Ciolek won then....

I turned over and watched the Scottish cup final. More entertaining that half a race Devil

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8146 posts]
17th March 2013 - 18:47

like this
Like (3)

chiv30 wrote:
Cracking race fairplay, anyone moaning about that should watch a different sport

Couldn't agree more! Great race!

simon F wrote:
11 Ventoso
12 Colbrelli
13 Haussler
14 Gasparotto
15 Turgot
16 Roelandts
17 Bardet
18 Degenkolb
19 Offredo

TERatcliffe26 wrote:
11.Ventoso

Gasparotto and others made up 12-16

17.Bardet
18.Degenkolb
19.Offredo

I'm impressed you guys got up the results of up to No. 19 Offredo so quickly. Wow! Smile

I've only found up to No. 18 at Procclingstats.com! Where did you guys get your info?

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1105 posts]
17th March 2013 - 19:20

like this
Like (2)

enrique wrote:

I'm impressed you guys got up the results of up to No. 19 Offredo so quickly. Wow! Smile

I've only found up to No. 18 at Procclingstats.com! Where did you guys get your info?


Freeze framed the live stream. Just lucky to catch it really.

posted by simon F [869 posts]
17th March 2013 - 19:28

like this
Like (3)

enrique wrote:
chiv30 wrote:
Cracking race fairplay, anyone moaning about that should watch a different sport

Couldn't agree more! Great race!

simon F wrote:
11 Ventoso
12 Colbrelli
13 Haussler
14 Gasparotto
15 Turgot
16 Roelandts
17 Bardet
18 Degenkolb
19 Offredo

TERatcliffe26 wrote:
11.Ventoso

Gasparotto and others made up 12-16

17.Bardet
18.Degenkolb
19.Offredo

I'm impressed you guys got up the results of up to No. 19 Offredo so quickly. Wow! Smile

I've only found up to No. 18 at Procclingstats.com! Where did you guys get your info?

I got it when they showed the results on the live coverage

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3504 posts]
17th March 2013 - 19:28

like this
Like (3)

Hell of a ride from Stannard. I don't care about the fantasy points just yet. Seeing him lead over the Poggio made my week.

posted by andyp [633 posts]
17th March 2013 - 19:33

like this
Like (3)

I thoroughly enjoyed that, the disruption wasnt too bad in the end, by that I mean that we had the sort of race finish that one would expect from MSR. My teams didn't do to badly either;
Standard: 1,2 & 18
Purist: 2,3,4 and two MTN 3.0s

posted by djb123 [76 posts]
17th March 2013 - 19:42

like this
Like (2)

Full results, Isaychev is the Lanterna Rossa.

Gobsmacked that two thirds of the starters finished that.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/MilanoSanremo/download/2013/OrdineArrivo...

Simon_MacMichael's picture

posted by Simon_MacMichael [7484 posts]
17th March 2013 - 20:04

like this
Like (1)

1,2,3,4 for purist Smile

posted by andyp [633 posts]
17th March 2013 - 20:21

like this
Like (0)

Scores have been updated but Chavanel has 0 did he not finish fourth today?

posted by davemchol [35 posts]
17th March 2013 - 21:45

like this
Like (1)

Good result for Steve Chainel today... Wink

posted by Wig_Billy [571 posts]
17th March 2013 - 21:46

like this
Like (2)

I was just about to ask the same thing. I had him on my team too, and he did finish 4th

posted by dkminerovic [3 posts]
17th March 2013 - 21:50

like this
Like (2)

We have another problem. Lastras scored me 10 for the break away.....BUT, he didn't finish the race. So shouldn't have anything Thinking

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8146 posts]
17th March 2013 - 22:34

like this
Like (11)

Points mean prizes
Can I have my 25 back please Devil

4. 173 FRA19790630 CHAVANEL Sylvain Big Grin
DNF Steve CHAINEL Sad

I'm always in two minds
Then I go and pick the wrong one Sad

posted by fluffchucker [282 posts]
17th March 2013 - 22:50

like this
Like (1)

Gkam84 wrote:
We have another problem. Lastras scored me 10 for the break away.....BUT, he didn't finish the race. So shouldn't have anything Thinking

there's nothing in the rules to say that. if he was in the break at half distance, he gets the points

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7034 posts]
17th March 2013 - 23:59

like this
Like (3)

Dave Atkinson wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:
We have another problem. Lastras scored me 10 for the break away.....BUT, he didn't finish the race. So shouldn't have anything Thinking

there's nothing in the rules to say that. if he was in the break at half distance, he gets the points

Oh Sad I scored the early classics on that, if the rider was in a break at half distance, he'd be marked down for 10 so long as he completed the race.

Pointless if they didn't finish because you cannot get scored if you get a DNF Nerd

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8146 posts]
18th March 2013 - 0:06

like this
Like (2)

Crying Crying Crying

1 point on my Italian purist team, I give up the (fun) experiments gonna get serious now.

posted by stevemarks [335 posts]
18th March 2013 - 10:36

like this
Like (2)