Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

1st time new road bike

I'm just to about a new Trek 1.5 c h2 2013 road bike. Will this be a good 1st bike.

Thanks

Bryan

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Vejnemojnen | 10 years ago
0 likes

I don't really know whether I've made a good choice with my first bike. : ) I'm riding it since february, enjoy it a lot (frame is a 2011 wilier la triestina alloy frame, with 10s veloce components, centaur UT crankset, khamsin wheelset) and got it in fairly good price.

bought it second hand and that's why I cannot tell whether it was a good trade or not. The former owner kept it indoors, rode it for about 200 miles or so. But the bike was not much cheaper than it'd have been in shop (there was about 250 $ diff in price.. )

I hope I'll make good use of it. : )

First I couldn't decide between this bike and Orbea Aqua equipped with centaur derailers-cranks, veloce shifter-brakes, scirocco wheelset. But my budget got ahead of me, and forced me down to this one (don't forget, with your first bike you'll still need to buy shoes, pedals, helmet, and some clothing (ie. gloves, padded shorts).

I'm just lovin it, enjoy riding it, and trying not to think a lot about "what would have been if I buy the more expensive bike".

chrs

KirinChris replied to Vejnemojnen | 10 years ago
0 likes
Vejnecske wrote:

I'm just lovin it, enjoy riding it,

You like the bike, it makes you ride... I'm struggling to see what your problem is.

As the song says, "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with."

Ciaran Cahill | 10 years ago
0 likes

yes, i have a trek 1.5 2012, and still am delighted with it, i was shocked when reading the review of it on bike radar, said it was flexy and poor but this is rubbish. its great, i go to the alps on it, up happily and down like a flash, aslo comfy mile after mile and looks beautiful too.

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

Enjoy your new bike.

Bryangreen | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for all your comments

koko56 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yep, just make sure the fit is good for you and it should serve you very well!

growbotham | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've got a Trek 1.5 and think it is an excellent first choice. I've had mine for nearly 4 years and it still comes up (almost) like new when I give it a good clean.

Trek build quality is excellent. They also hold their value really well. So if you find you are bitten by the bug and outgrow this (entry level) Trek, you can rest assured that it will still fetch a good price on eBay, if you decide to upgrade to a fancier bike....

pirnie | 11 years ago
0 likes

My first (and so far only) road bike was a 2011 Trek 1.5 and its always served me very well. A couple of upgrades on it now (The main one being the wheels) but all the original components are still going. The original wheels still serve as my winter wheels.

IMO for a first bike you could do a lot worse!!

TrekBikesUK | 11 years ago
0 likes

Yes.  1

Latest Comments