Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

RRA mixed tandem record attempt

:?Just come back home from checking the Romero/Cracknell tandem speeding up the A6 towards Lancaster.Their lights were dazzling-I think at this stage, James was on the front.They have two tandems apparently, and swap over.Well at least RR gets to look at JCs rear for a while!They have a good following wind, and despite some rain showers it was quite warm at 2a.m.
I have been an RRA checker for many years, as the End to End route passes quite close to me.The mixed tandem is a tight record,Wilko and Lynn are no mean performers, Still good luck to Rebecca & James-they certainly looked determined when I saw them a couple of hours ago.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

velosipeed | 14 years ago
0 likes

20 They were about 50 mins up on schedule, but stopped at Johnstonebridge neat Beattock,due to a variety of problems, depending on whom you believe!

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

nice to get a first hand account! they're certainly up against it if they want to break the record but they're a pretty determined pair. were they on schedule when you saw them?

Latest Comments