Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1416 comments

redspear999 | 4 years ago
5 likes

New Condor Fratello with own built wheels and shimano 105 (mix of r7000 and 5800). Lovely smooth ride!

kookenhaken | 4 years ago
1 like

The ‘Wobble bike’.  

Genesis CdF converted to single speed (48x18).  Useless mechanical disc brakes swapped out for deep drop tektros.

For family outings, commutes and one day shopping duties with panniers or perhaps a trailer.

missionsystem | 4 years ago
3 likes

Recently upgraded the wheels on my CAAD12...

Coquinn66 | 4 years ago
4 likes

There she is...

Bowks | 4 years ago
4 likes

Here's mine!

2016 Giant TCR Advanced Pro with R8000. It was my first ride on these new Prime RR-50 wheels, shod with Conti GP5000TL tyres.

bechdan | 4 years ago
3 likes

Bike with bags up at the top of Newlands pass on a Fred Whitton round.

Bob's Bikes | 4 years ago
3 likes

Finished this one a little while ago, all parts sourced from various places ie Taiwan, Germany, usa and Great Britain. One for the wieght weenies as it only hits the scales at 15lbs including pedals!

Boatsie | 4 years ago
0 likes

Leon
HD85?
21 inch.
Fits me. 193 cm. Seat aft on layback post.

Schrader valve Kenda 700c35 with ample clearance to go 50.
3*8

I like it. In Borderland; Ukraine. Eastern Europe near Russia. Many potholes, cobblestones, some smooth roads, hilly.
It feels quite a fast bike and I believe probability low of buckle or puncture.
(Avoiding cobblestone), 35s are awesome.

Really nice bike from Bike Master Kiev.
On my budget I noticed, choice of 4.
2 hub drive bikes on disc brakes.
A mountain bike on Australian livery.
Leon pictured.
Thank you well

My friend asked me why I didn't rent bike.
Easy. Rent bike restrictions route/times. Slower heavier bike.
This bike with pump, tube, lights, chain and lock. 60% cost of rental. Even has many spoke strong aero rims.. Light and quick..and no hassles.
Yeah but you going to ride that every day? Err derr.. Yeah about 100km. Expect Chernobyl tour day.. I'll have Day off.
Loving ride. Riding love.
(Better than my home bikes.. )

Edit.. Weighed her. 14.05kg. She's a porky. Yay. Guess I'll build my upper body riding her. Might even be heavier than the rentals? Who knows, who cares. Does 120km+ hilly, flat, steep mix easily enough. Been over the bars a couple of times and she ain't bent. Feels light, weighs heavy.. Must be something in the water.

MidWalesBoy | 4 years ago
2 likes

My steed. A triple. Because hills.

David9694 | 4 years ago
1 like

Raleigh Record Ace Imposter.  Actually a 1990s Raleigh frame and the shade is from a Renault car that parks near me. I’ve subsequently colour matched a real Record Ace Frame and refurbished.

David9694 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Genesis Equilibrium re-spray

David9694 | 4 years ago
1 like

Breamore (pronounced “bremmer”) Firefly - was a Condor - known as night fighter - dynohub and reflective guards. Monster colours pearl paint.

Letter Decals by Stickers Planet and Salisbury Art Care, representing the miz-maze.

David9694 | 4 years ago
2 likes

Now built up, another Breamore refurb. Starting to get adventurous with the masking tape and doing mid coats. Was a Swinnerton.

Halx00 | 4 years ago
3 likes

Another £100 bike from eBay in mint condition. 2011 Charge Filter Mid, just added SKS mudguards and altered the gearing. The winter is coming Happy days

Glyno | 4 years ago
2 likes

rude not to stop here

Nat Jas Moe | 4 years ago
4 likes

Following the death of my Ridley, because of a fairly bad accident. I now have a new bike; a Genesis Zero Disc. I can say with some joy "It's brill".

hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
4 likes

Thought I'd better upload a pic of my slightly older model Genesis Zero Disc (Di2 version)

Huckfinn | 4 years ago
5 likes

...sorry for the grainy iphone photo..

Nat Jas Moe | 4 years ago
1 like

Suppose I should show my dead Ridley after my accident. Down tube broken, only cable holding it together really. Wheel and handle bars no longer attached, pointing in different directions.indecision

bechdan | 4 years ago
2 likes

duct tape!

Nat Jas Moe replied to bechdan | 4 years ago
3 likes

bechdan wrote:

duct tape!

Well it might buff out but I don't think so

Aspace21 | 4 years ago
1 like

Here she blows: 

jaysa | 4 years ago
4 likes

My bike for flattish roads ... lots of fun !

A SuperSix Evo with Tiagra bought for £760, added Kronostock 60/90 wheels then replaced many bits with sale Ultegra, Campy UT, Zipp parts. 7.6kg as shown.

edhawkins | 4 years ago
4 likes

J.Laverack Ti Di2 Ultegra with æra dynamo 56mm wheelset.

Love it!

Halx00 | 4 years ago
5 likes

Another £100 EBay purchase.
Loverly Reynolds 531 competition frame set with practically unused Xero wheels.
Converted it to a single speed for the moment running a 65 inch gear.
Gorgeous ride quality, sub 8kg.

ktache | 4 years ago
0 likes

Better pic, lovely build Halx

The _Kaner | 4 years ago
10 likes

*Now about 14 months old*

Canyon Aeroad CFSLX 6.0 

Full Ultegra 6800

Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon Exalith WTS

2 x Elite Stealth Bottle cages

May Edit: Now with Supacaz bar tape and a 36T Absolute Black inner ring (oval/eliptical/non round- call it what you will)

August edit: wearing some Mavic Haute Route Ksyrium Pro Exalith
2019: Fitted now with Absolute Black 52×36 chainrings and a Rotor 3D24 cranked fitted with Power2Max NG Eco power meter. KNC TiNi chain.

Boatsie | 4 years ago
0 likes

I'm not sure if I've posted this bike.

I like it. Double butted chromoly, weighed at 10.56kg, front weight bias, light 7 speed rear end.
I'm trying to find my drill.
I bought $20(Australian) lay bars, removed the stands and will get a better purchase fastening directly through cross bar. The lay bars are concave around bolt holes to suit an easy install. Fasteners (2 longer bolts +shaped washers less than $5Australian)
Cost of bike with bright usb rechargeable lights front/rear on useable GP4000 Continental tyres: $100(Australian)

Eg all up, less than 70 quid.
2 cm shorter than my others but agile on the drops and laybars should ease the straights. 1 happy cyclist.

brooksby replied to Boatsie | 4 years ago
0 likes

Boatsie wrote:

I'm not sure if I've posted this bike. I like it. Double butted chromoly, weighed at 10.56kg, front weight bias, light 7 speed rear end. I'm trying to find my drill. I bought $20(Australian) lay bars, removed the stands and will get a better purchase fastening directly through cross bar. The lay bars are concave around bolt holes to suit an easy install. Fasteners (2 longer bolts +shaped washers less than $5Australian) Cost of bike with bright usb rechargeable lights front/rear on useable GP4000 Continental tyres: $100(Australian) Eg all up, less than 70 quid. 2 cm shorter than my others but agile on the drops and laybars should ease the straights. 1 happy cyclist.

How many bikes do you currently own, Boatsie? I've only got two.

Boatsie replied to brooksby | 4 years ago
0 likes
brooksby wrote:

How many bikes do you currently own, Boatsie? I've only got two.

6 + kids bike.
All cheapies from gumtree normally, all alloy.
2 60cm top tube Avanti Blades. 1 hub, 1 derraileur. 14.3 ,11.90 kg
1 aero fixie with carbon forks. 7.3 kg
Ninja Shogun 10.56kg
Chromoly BMX freestyle. Heavy.
24inch BMX. Lightweight Alloy, strong.

The 24 inch I like. My rim melted in a shed fire so I replaced it with a sealed bearing double wall alloy rim that was basically the cheapest at the time of purchase from LBS. Good road bike but not long flats. On hills I averaged 15kmph rather than 20kmph on a cheap 28mm roadbike.
Cost me $400 twenty years ago, as is besides front rim. Seen one selling at $3500 the other month, a rusty one selling at $1000 .

Brooksby, just cheap bikes here dude, different roads, weather. Paid via usage of petrol budget to get to work (basically)

Pages

Latest Comments