Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Pictures of your Bike

So, I figured that no bicycle forum would be complete without pictures of bikes! Post your photos here, no bike will be refused: Road TT Triathlon Cyclocross MTB BMX Shixie Fixie And anything else! Lovely bikes lovely, but everyday bikes interesting too. I won't post first, but I'm taking pictures right now.  1 I wanna see what bikes you're all riding!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1418 comments

mark1a | 9 months ago
6 likes

ebike for office commute & other local errands...

Rack, mudguards, built-in powered lights & radar, belt drive, automatic hub gears, suspension seatpost & fork.

Jimnm | 9 months ago
4 likes

Ti all the way...

ronnyoutlaw | 7 months ago
2 likes

Here's my Specialized Chisel...

ronnyoutlaw | 7 months ago
2 likes

and here's my Specialized Diverge

matthewn5 | 7 months ago
12 likes

So my lockdown project is finally complete today.

It's a 2015 Genesis Volare 953 stainless, ex-team frame, with DA 9000 Di2 throughout. Zipp SL80 trad bend bars, Deda superleggero stem and seatpost. Campag wheels which I had already. It's amazingly smooth like all steel frames, but also light at 7.65kg as pictured. Seems quite a stiff platform too, if not as immediately reactive as a top level carbon frame. I aways said I would never get into electronic shifting, but then the frame came with a complete Di2 wiring harness, so I've dived in. So far so good.

//serving.photos.photobox.com/0247628084c58fffc011b08c424d23b16783a42d13bf2f9d3c6dd20d0d1e2db5c3f7def7.jpg)

2023 update: 3 years later, and it's my best bike for big faster miles, here on a 100 miler round North Norfolk and down to Ely this summer.

//serving.photos.photobox.com/99708221f7860ac46583765e72a4595e1ef8dcbf9a0a53d2faf1402f39a0f497e57ae092.jpg)

KINGROLLO | 6 months ago
3 likes

Best !

Jimmy Ray Will replied to KINGROLLO | 6 months ago
0 likes

I have this frame, although a different spec / manufacturer. Is the front brake fully internal on that fork? Would you ever look to go fully integrated with the rear as well? 

KINGROLLO replied to Jimmy Ray Will | 6 months ago
1 like

no it isn't fully integrated.

I brought the framset only and got a local mechanic to swap all the stuff over from my broken bike. He advised against full integration as he says it puts hours of labour onto even simple jobs.

im pretty happy with how it looks anyway - don't want to look to slick as people will expect me to go fast !

Great bike though - best carbon bike Ive owned...by some distance.

Hania | 5 months ago
1 like

Wow, all the bikes are amazing. I like them. 

Tom_77 | 3 months ago
2 likes

Got this Decathlon folding bike cheap on eBay. This is now my 5th bike, and probably my last one for a while.

Planning to use it for situations where I want to drive somewhere then cycle the last few miles - going to a music festival later this year and the park and ride bus is about £30 per day, but there's free parking 3 miles away from the venue.

jaymack | 3 months ago
2 likes

A clean bike is for Christmas not the whole year

ktache replied to jaymack | 3 months ago
1 like

As long as the drivetrain is clean...

jaymack replied to ktache | 3 months ago
1 like

...always!

Beachboy | 2 months ago
1 like

£499.00 from millets. I just had a small space in my bike shed to fit it in. Too cheap to leave on the shelf 🤣

RustedChain8919 | 2 months ago
3 likes

This is Angélique Iolanthe. She goes by Angie She's Belgian. Got her back in January.

Nat Jas Moe replied to jaymack | 1 month ago
0 likes

The dirt proves its used :)

wtjs replied to Nat Jas Moe | 1 month ago
1 like

Mainly what it proves is a foolish aversion to mudguards

Weejus | 1 month ago
3 likes

After posting my Cinelli in Nov 2020 which turned out to be a really cool bike , i have now replaced it with this beauty, a 2024 Scott Addict 10, picked her up today from the local bike shop which I like doing rather than the www.

jaymack replied to wtjs | 1 month ago
3 likes

No aversion to mudguards here. I stupidly followed the GPS and took a series of very wrong turns. Still it was a grand day out which is what it's all about I suppose.

RoubaixCube | 1 month ago
3 likes

Ye old 2016 Cube Attain GTC Race. 

(arent that many cube owners, but we do exist)

sricabla | 1 month ago
3 likes

Here's my 2011 Fuji track bike. Had it repainted and use it for all my commutes in San Francisco.

David9694 | 1 month ago
4 likes

Reverse snobbery edition since all bikes cost at least £2000 - Orbit America c1990 my current commuter hack, a rideaway £100 Ebay purchase last year.  It had some nasty rust on the underside of the top tub. 

Verigated blue, 531 throughout, early 7s 105 groupset, Gamma strada rims.  The rack (£20), mudguards (lying around) and 50/36 chainset (£30) were modifications I made for its new role. 

matthewn5 replied to David9694 | 1 month ago
2 likes

David9694 wrote:

Orbit America c1990

Orbit bikes seem to be quite under-rated. A couple of years ago I got a very nice light Orbit bike with perfect Shimano 2x7 speed for £70, that served as commuter for a student friend.

LordSandwich | 4 weeks ago
4 likes

This is my ULEZ avoidance device. It's a Halfords bike, and the accessories are all ebay parts. I use it to avoid the zone once a week, by driving part way, and cycling the rest. Most of the cycle portion takes place on seperated paths, so no need to worry about motor traffic. Despite its relative cheapness, the only problem I've had so far was a broken pedal. 👍

LordSandwich replied to LordSandwich | 4 weeks ago
2 likes

Here's a picture of it inside the car. I got the mounting bracket for the forks from ebay too!

ktache replied to LordSandwich | 4 weeks ago
2 likes

That fork bracket makes a lot of sense.

LordSandwich replied to ktache | 4 weeks ago
2 likes

Yeah, I thought the fork bracket was a brilliant idea when I first saw it, because I don't like lying the bike down. Also, Zafira B middle seats are kind of annoying because they don't lay down perfectly flat, so laying it down is a challenge. However they can slide forward, which allow me to mount it upright like in the picture with minimal wrestling to get it in!😂

mark1a replied to LordSandwich | 4 weeks ago
2 likes

I tried something similar with some timber and a pair of Delta hitches, with (unlike yourself) limited success, and so for people like myself with minimal (zero) woodworking skills, the Vergo range from Minoura is an off the shelf alternative.

andystow replied to mark1a | 4 weeks ago
3 likes

I couldn't get that to work.

Rendel Harris replied to mark1a | 4 weeks ago
3 likes

You are Dave Brailsford and I claim my £5...is there anything cool in the bike line you haven't got?!

Pages

Latest Comments