Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Who introduced you?

Just say who introduced you (username) and thank them: "JoeBloggsRoadie introduced me, and I thank him for it."

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

67 comments

billyman | 10 years ago
0 likes

Google for me, I was looking for some advice on training for the spring and road cc was in the top ten of results

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

Raleigh started this thread in an attempt to win some socks, I think. I'm not sure whether we ever sent him any. Still, nice to see it still has legs  3

William Black | 10 years ago
0 likes

google

Jack Osbourne snr | 10 years ago
0 likes

Me, myself and I via Google when looking for reviews.

I was a fully jerseyed-up devotee of RCUK at the time (They do jolly nice jerseys too BTW)

arfa | 10 years ago
0 likes

I arrived here after doing research on out of season cycling in spain and came across the article "the terrain in spain". I followed the advice and would thoroughly recommend cycling in la manga and kept coming back to the web site thereafter

Mrs. Pranita Ag... | 10 years ago
0 likes

Google!  105  4

jollygoodvelo | 10 years ago
0 likes

Can't remember. Google, I think, looking for reviews of road bikes: I've been riding for years but never had a proper one until I bought a CAAD8 in April '12, and haven't shut up about the joys of commuting in London since, even though the bike in question (and, temporarily, my fitness) is now a write-off thanks to SMIDSY.

levermonkey | 10 years ago
1 like

Followed a news story from Google.
Stayed because your all stroppy, opinionated individualists who have more in common with goats than sheep. Basically you're cyclists!
[Where I come from being called a goat is good; being called a sheep is baaa-d]

DD | 9 years ago
0 likes

Afternoon all,  103 I've actually re-introduced myself as I haven't posted in years and had idea which email addy I'd used nor password so thought it best to start afresh as it were.

Plus after reading Stanleys lovely posts I simply had too.

Ride safe.

Fish_n_Chips | 8 years ago
0 likes

Was a Bristolian and a chat with The Cheesy Riders, mentioned Road CC during a pub meet. Also saw adverts on STW.

Sideshowdave | 8 years ago
0 likes

Another one from STW here 

chrislee99777 | 8 years ago
0 likes

My riding friend Wade invite me this forum~Very nice place!I'm very glad to be here.

bigdeal | 7 years ago
0 likes

i found by myself smiley

Jimnm | 7 years ago
0 likes

Just bike mad and come across the site. Bike Radar is good too! 

Lincolndave | 7 years ago
0 likes

I followed a link , I have forgot where I saw it, must be my age  1

Creaky Joints | 7 years ago
0 likes

It was the buyers guide for endurance road bikes that drew me in and now I can't escape. smiley

SHAUNAM | 7 years ago
0 likes

I was introduced to road.cc by google smiley

SonicBoom | 7 years ago
0 likes

Was introduced by Google (he's my friend you know!) who kept bringing up this forum on various searches that I was doing.  Thought it rude not to sign up.

eddycreative | 6 years ago
0 likes

A good friend!  1 

mingmong | 6 years ago
0 likes

Alta Vista.  That's a lie, it was Google.

Boatsie | 6 years ago
3 likes

My dad introduced me to road cycling.  I was young,  I scored a bent top tube sissy bar 20inch wheel speed machine!
Then I'd get in trouble,  dad would hide my bike,  I wouldn't be able to find it so I'd go crying to granddad;  British RSM James.  'Waah,  dad's taken my bike, '
'Look beside the shed '
'Won't fit besides the shed '
' bullshit,  there's enough room there to stack bombs'
' found it,  thank you. '

Or maybe introduction was from my great mate 'Micheal the wog. '
1990 maybe 1991. We had a physics project,  about 8 weeks,  design and build a rubber band propelled vehicle.  Final test was fastest across a measured distance and the furthest travelled.
We blitzed it.  Did sweet FA and chatted nonstop during many weeks having designed and built the project during the first lesson.
We were both boof heads and our teacher Mr Turnbull( and that he did as us boys did listen to him with visual obience to look) told us we didn't look alike and I wouldn't get away with using my mates bus pass!  ( Micheal was shorter with tree trunk legs and I was taller and lean)  .
Anyway,  Micheal had a top shelf road bike.  I was amazed that he could ride to Victor Harbour in a day to which he replied 'no,  no,  there and back. ' that's about 180 km..
This was the physics I was learning.  I said coming back must be easy aye as my car would top out at 50kmph climbing the 7km long slope.  That was wrong assumption again as although the climb was steep,  it was over and done with then a constant run whereas coming back was a constant climb onto a quick short session.

Day of testing.  We won although scrutiny disengaged us from the competition.  We argued yet although the rules read propelled,  the inadequate education of our leader denied his ability to correctly read what he had written and insisted the unit must be internally propelled.  Our Shangi and matchbox car combination was just too superior to register contest upon the day!!!!!
Teacher was yelling at me a long time!!  I kept mucking about..  When dialogue bestowed wisdom upon I I allowed him the courtesy of reply, ' I didn't know you wanted me,  you kept calling out Michaels name,  we do look a like aye,  recon suggests bus pass will allow my passage. '

Nowadays,  I like road cycling regardless of bike type.  As long as I keep the bike smooth,  lubed and clean on her many fulcrums,  she will be a pleasure to ride.  Ohh..  Avoiding flats is an awesome experience too!

Henksch | 5 years ago
0 likes

Google hit me with a hit on a question

Katom4Calash | 4 years ago
0 likes

Hi All!! smiley

peted76 | 4 years ago
4 likes

Ah Boatsie... where are you now I wonder.

ChadCapote | 3 years ago
0 likes

I googled my way through

mdavidford | 3 years ago
0 likes

My mother, some 40-odd years ago. Thanks mum.

Themadchemist | 1 year ago
0 likes

Google... Not been serious about forums since the cycling weekly one where I posted regularly and we had a good group until CW messed about with the forum and it became clichy. . I did join wheelsuckers,with the intention of posting.. then life got in the way and when I went back it had gone.
So,here I am.. early days.. but hope to post.
Anyone on here from the old CW forum??

ChadCapote | 1 year ago
0 likes

I was attending a workshop on environment and sustainable development near Elland Road, Leeds. (Btw, the workshop was on an interesting topic - Climax community) That's when I met this bloke with his last name Johnson, a passionate cyclist. Interactions with him helped me land on this website. I haven't met him since, and I do not happen to know his handle. Wherever you are - Thanks, Johnson!

jaymack | 1 year ago
0 likes

My Grandfather, a good South London boy, bought a Roberts when he retired; 'nuf said. 

RustedChain8919 | 1 week ago
0 likes

My friend turned 40 and took up skateboarding again. It was then I realised I had no excuse not to take up cycling again. I've joined as many forums as I can about cycling. If nothing else, it allows me to rant about terrible driving with others who don't automatically assume the cyclist are at fault.

Pages

Latest Comments