Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

King of the Downs 2012 - May 27th

Hi

Is anyone looking for a challenge in May?

The King of the Downs is on May 27th, 113miles of riding and over 9000ft of climbing. It's a challenging but beautiful ride with some awesome views and descents to make up for all the upward elevation!

Should be a great ride - starting and finishing at Gatwick. Anyone up for it?

All the info is here: www.evanscycles.com/ride-it/king-of-the-downs-27th-may-2012

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Yorkshie Whippet | 11 years ago
0 likes

Oh I loved the other climbs. A little too much me thinks as I blew completely about 3 miles out.

Box hill was a little disappointing, full of car drivers with no respect.

zzgavin | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, must note down what I did in the books, probably should have looked at them before I did the rides...

Ranmore was wet, bumpy and gritty, but some guys on hybrids in front took the speed out of the descent =)

andylul | 11 years ago
0 likes

Chapeau - also Cobme Lane - tick one off the new 100 Climbs (and probably the lesser of the two evils, considering White Down Lane is in the vicinity)

Going down Ranmore was a nightmare last time I did it (19th May) - covered in all sorts of debris and sh*te - muchos potholes all round

zzgavin | 11 years ago
0 likes

up Anstie lane, see http://app.strava.com/rides/9464901#170190497
not too bad, top third on first attempt...

andylul | 11 years ago
0 likes

Which way up 'Lethal' did you all go? There are eight different ways and I'm going to try them all...

www.leithhilloctopus.org

Just got to find a team (work in progress)

zzgavin | 11 years ago
0 likes

It was definitely the hardest of the five I think.
Managed to get all the way up in one go, but it certainly warmed you up, several in my group had a pause half way up. It did feel like it went on forever...

did you enjoy the rest of it?

Yorkshie Whippet | 11 years ago
0 likes

Did anyone else suffer on the first climb, Leith hill or as I call it it now Leech Hill?

EvansRiders | 12 years ago
0 likes

Great to hear you're both in!
Looks like it's going to be a great one!

zzgavin | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've taken the easier option of doing the 1/2 56 mile loop rather than the full 113, slightly too much on in April and May to fit in enough rides to make it all fun.
Still looking forward to it though

bigandy | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yes I have just signed up to ride it.

A century ride over such "mountains" is definitely a super brutal extreme sufferfest in the making.

I'm looking forward to it  1

Latest Comments