Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fleche Wallone

Quick change around this week, so after the record high scoring from Amstel Gold  4 people are faced with some big decisions.

Lets hope its another cracking race....

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

144 comments

Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes

84 points  2 . I think I'll be taking some gambles for Liege now.

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

A nice round 100 today, could have been 136 but c'est la vie, not a bad day. A strong 84 on my purist team too, hopefully still working my way up the table  4

downhill_tailwind | 12 years ago
0 likes

138 for me i think

schlunzi | 12 years ago
0 likes

Boohoo, only 39 points.
But only had 5 riders at the start, so not too bad.

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

ended up with 58 points after making my transfers to early (its a bummer having to work) and then had 2 stars pulling out so had to use up 40 penalty points.

If they had not pulled out might have had a nice score but never mind its only a game  20  20  20  20

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Interesting, four of us on 101 points and not one with the same scorers  4

Just looked at the provisional list for Sunday, only 1 of my nine not riding again with 6 transfers  26

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

none of my riders greyed out. expecting that to change imminently.....

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think I'm the only one near the top of today's stage who didn't have Albasini.

londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes

Alan,

I'm amazed that you managed to include both Gilbert and Rodriguez. didn't you struggle for points after that to buy other riders?

yourpaceormine | 12 years ago
0 likes

Got my lowest score ever today - a measly 5 points. Earned by Oscar Freire and he wasn't even riding! Thankfully it all balances out as I scored a respectable 41 at Amstel Gold.

I'm playing purists, but soooo tempted to substitute for LBL

giff77 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Two greys, can live with that. Got them at a knock down price  4

fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes

I thought I had done badly with only 84 points, but looking at the leagues, some must have done much worse  16

Last years rivals +1  4
The big road.cc league +7  4
Overall table +7  4
North West & IOM +1  4
Current comp:Spring Classics -11  20

obutterwick | 12 years ago
0 likes

77 is better than my embarrassing 1 on Sunday. Things are on the up. I hope.

JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes

My pursuit team is doing hundreds of points better than the one i change after every stage,
What does that tell me?
I must be quite goos at this, as I'm top 20 in the purists , but useless at making substitutions. . .

Ah well, I must never buy thr Shreks ever again, not even for the tdf.  1  1  1

Rvizzle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thank you F-W for my lowest score to date. Bugger

_SiD_ | 12 years ago
0 likes

ZERO - and thats the big fat variety.

Pure is bitch. Stuck with this crud for another weekend.

Timbo13 replied to Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

Valverde 46th place

Alan Tullett replied to kopitekevster | 12 years ago
0 likes
kopitekevster wrote:

1,2,4,11 and 12th is better than the 1 point from the weekend!!!!!! Think it maybe time to take valverde out

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I think he's targeting LBL. That's always been his favourite race of the three and the one with the most prestige. He was only 51 secs back. It's not much.

Alan Tullett replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

86 points for me

back above me for you now Alan

anyway got a plan hopefully for Sunday....but that may fail too

Frank Schleck and Martens for the axe, as well as De Waele and Kreder

Probably, I think I scored 130. Was going to bring in Albasini originally as well, but changed 3 stars; Gerrans, Valverde and Poels for Gilbert and Vanendert with Duarte as my cheap star. I had to change Westra for Florencio to get some points. Kept Kiserlovski. Made it by 0.1 points.

Will have to ditch Duarte and probably de Waele as he's done nothing. Then it's a question of whether to ditch Purito now he's had a win and have two medium-priced stars - maybe Valverde and Cunego or even Gerrans, who had a cold for Amstel.

drheaton replied to Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

ended up with 58 points after making my transfers to early (its a bummer having to work) and then had 2 stars pulling out so had to use up 40 penalty points.

If they had not pulled out might have had a nice score but never mind its only a game  20  20  20  20

You do realise you DON'T HAVE TO have a full roster for these races, you can start the race with only 8 or less active riders? I'd only ever use the penalty points if I thought there was a chance of scoring more than 20 points like picking up Rodriguez today and wouldn't ever bother with DSs (except for extremely exceptional circumstances).

Gkam84 replied to yourpaceormine | 12 years ago
0 likes
yourpaceormine wrote:

Got my lowest score ever today - a measly 5 points. Earned by Oscar Freire and he wasn't even riding! Thankfully it all balances out as I scored a respectable 41 at Amstel Gold.

I'm playing purists, but soooo tempted to substitute for LBL

He was riding, came home in 83rd, if he wasn't riding you wouldn't have got any points

Alan Tullett replied to londonplayer | 12 years ago
0 likes
londonplayer wrote:

Alan,

I'm amazed that you managed to include both Gilbert and Rodriguez. didn't you struggle for points after that to buy other riders?

Yep. Had to have Duarte (14.7) as I thought Purito, Vanendert, Gilbert would be 1, 2, 3. Wasn't far out! If Albasini hadn't gatecrashed the party I would have had the top 4! Wanted Albasini originally but didn't have enough points or transfers. Don't think I've ever had a better combo of transfers in fact. Brought in Florencio for Westra, which gave me the 5.

As I write this Drogba has just scored as well so a good day so far.

TERatcliffe26 replied to JAndrewHill | 12 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

Ah well, I must never buy thr Shreks ever again, not even for the tdf.  1  1  1

I concur with this statement, after what I did too with my transfers (had i stuck to my orignal plan I would have had 1,2,4 :()

kopitekevster replied to Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

That is a good point was going to try and get nabali in as he looks on form but would mean probably having to drop j rod......decisions!!!!  39

Stumps replied to drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
stumps wrote:

You do realise you DON'T HAVE TO have a full roster for these races, you can start the race with only 8 or less active riders? I'd only ever use the penalty points if I thought there was a chance of scoring more than 20 points like picking up Rodriguez today and wouldn't ever bother with DSs (except for extremely exceptional circumstances).

I know but at the time running with only 2 star riders seemed the worse option than taking the 40 point hit. As it happened the 40 point hit was worse as my 2 replacement stars only got a handful between them.

paulbburgoine | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hi i have already done my transfers but stupidly left Sagan in anyone know how to change without penaltys

livestrongnick | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hey, Hey from Egypt  16
Well after Sunday's laugh a minute showing  40 , fingers crossed and all that i'm sharing  26
Used all 4 transfers  13

Sergio Luis Henao (SKY)
Robert Gesink (RAB)
Joaquin Rodriguez (KAT)
Ryder Hesjedal (GRM)

Bert de Waele (LAN)
Robert Kiserlovski (AST)
Brian Bulgac (LOT)
Bert-Jan Lindeman (VCD)
Michael Albasini (GRE)

Good luck to every one, be nice if this one goes more according to plan  14

im talking to you J-Jod u  30  30  30

frankiejay | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ugh... this is why we should never make subs until the day before the race at the latest. Meersman greyed and I'm out... but 8/9 isn't awful I guess.

Ben Glazebrook | 12 years ago
0 likes

a-ha! the startlists have caught up with yer goodselves!  3

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sanchez out and not enough credits to bring in Rodriguez, it'd probably be worth 20 penalty points but not 40. Half tempted to bring in Valverde but none of my penalty point transfers have come off so far.

Pages

Latest Comments