Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Who's coming sledging?

So after a week of record temperatures here on Deeside, smashing anywhere else in the country, we find ourselves under at least a foot of snow in my village, but further up the road there are drifts piling snow 7 feet high

Just a couple of pictures for you and i haven't even finished editing my trail video run on the Contour Roam in the sun yet  20

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thats not including the roads that were closed all day because of power lines down, around 3000 homes still without  39

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-17601709

Thats the report from 10 miles down the road where all the news companies seem to be reporting from because it was where the records were broken

giff77 | 12 years ago
0 likes

That's nuts gkam. All I had to deal with this morning was freezing rain. Near lost it a couple of times but managed to hild my line. Dry roads on way home but a wind chill of -8, at least I had a tailwind for a good chunk of the way. 30mph on the home straight  4 @Raleigh - wind's good for training  3 welcome to Scotland, enjoy your stay mate. -it's meant to improve at end of the week.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

At least your roads would have been clear Raleigh, i woke up this morning to almost every local route being closed, here is just a snapshot of what the police said at lunch time minus a couple of roads that weren't near me

The following are the latest road conditions, as of 12pm on Tuesday 3 April 2012.

The following roads are CLOSED:

A939 Cockbridge-Tomintoul road – snow gates 17 and 18 closed
A939 Gairnshiel-Corgarff
B974 Banchory-Fettercairn, road is heavily affected by snow
A93 Glenshee-Braemar – snow gate 16 closed
A941 Dufftown-Rhynie

There are trees on the following roads:

B976 Ballogie-Dinnet, near Finzean
B9077 South Deeside Road, at Bridge of Feugh

The following road is NOT ADVISABLE:

A97 Huntly-Strathdon, at Strathdon-Logie Coldstone is single track

Road now clear:

A93 Banchory-Aboyne (west of Kincardine O'Neill).

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

My training camp in Edinburgh has been ruined!

Snow, rain, sleet, hail!

WINDWINDWIND...

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I was going to put Royal Deeside, but i didn't want to sound posh  4

Sideburn, Funny you should mention kayaking, i'm a fully qualified instructor for that, Rock Scrambling and Abseiling, So yeah, but even when it was 24 degrees last week, the river was flowing with ice water from the hills, slightly to cold for my liking  1

giff77 | 12 years ago
0 likes

It's heading your way Dave. Don't worry  19 meanwhile, I've had to dig out my winter gear arghhh

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

that's mental. still summer down here...

notfastenough | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'll assume there is a Deeside in Scotland then, because in Deeside North Wales (where I work), there isn't snow in sight.

Simon_MacMichael replied to notfastenough | 12 years ago
0 likes
notfastenough wrote:

I'll assume there is a Deeside in Scotland then, because in Deeside North Wales (where I work), there isn't snow in sight.

Yup and the River Dee in Scotland is longer than the one in Wales  3

Maybe Gkam and I should be referring to *Royal* Deeside to avoid confusion (although that doesn't quite extend to Aberdeen itself)  19

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

Snow on Deeside, one of my very earliest memories , that  4

Don't remember much in the way of record-breaking temperatures during the first six years of my life I spent there, mind  39

SideBurn | 12 years ago
0 likes

28 too old? You wait 'til you are as old as me! You are never too old to sledge it just hurts more when you crash! Sun bathing last week, sledging (or not) this. What about next week? A drop or two of rain? Any good at kayaking?

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I feel at 28 i'm a bit old to go sledging, but i'm going to use one of my free passes to the local Hilton hotel and using their gym and pool for a few hours, only just got this years fitness training going on full last week, cant let it slip already  19

trikeman | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sacre-blurrrr!

What the hell is going on with the weather?  13

Hope the sledging goes well - unblieveable.

Trikeman.  3

Latest Comments