Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bike fit service in/around Manchester?

Hi, I am looking into getting a bike fit - anyone got any experience of any in or around Manchester? I've seen there's a guy based at the Velodrome, any good? Cheers.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Zermattjohn | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks. I have had the same experience of the Velodrome guy. I'll see how i get on with Royles - sure they can point me in the right direction also.

notfastenough | 12 years ago
0 likes

I don't know if the guy at the velodrome is any good because he didn't reply to my email, so I went elsewhere.  22

I had some aches and pains I was trying to address, so I went to njd sports injury clinic in Clitheroe. It is admittedly a bit of a trek from Sth Mcr, but it was worth it. They are a Father/Daughter team of Sports Therapists who work on the basis that for a bike fit to be effective, your body has to be in reasonable shape beforehand, otherwise you will carry any problems onto the bike. So things like joint alignment, muscular issues, old injuries, niggling aches and pains etc are ironed out via a physical exam from Nicola. She asks all sorts of questions.

Then Nick (Dad) puts your bike on the turbo and has a look at your riding position, taking into account all the stuff you discussed with Nicola. There'a lot of info to take in, and pieces of paper with exercises that you have to go away and do, but it gets your body into a more suitable shape for bike riding.

I think I paid around £100 for that. Given that I was there over 3 hours, and there was definitely no rush to get me out the door, I thought that was good value. The main knee issue I was trying to sort is something that they had an answer for, but admittedly it was in amongst a load of info and exercises, so it was a few weeks before the penny dropped.

If you just want to go to a bike shop and get fitted, I believe Royles cycles in Wilmslow do a decent one, but I don't have experience of it.

Latest Comments