Home

Overall I like the new game design. I just saw the scoring tables and I was a little disappointed that the scoring changed. I kind of liked the straight forward point system at the end of a race, from 20 to 1 points for the stage results. It had a feeling of being 'fair'. Any chance you might consider going back to the old system? Or go 'down'on the points awarded to a max of 25 for the first rider in?

By the way:

1. What does 'Points TBC' mean?
2. Out of curiousity, is the new scoring for the TDU reflective of the actual points in the real race? Is that the way points are awarded during the real race?
3. I wish we could have just 4 domestiques, instead of 5.
4. FOR THREE WEEK RACES: I actually miss the limits based on rider type. I woudn't mind if you could only choose ONE sprinter a day and ONE GC guy a day.

I'll wait and see how it pans out, but I just wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks, though, it's a beautiful design and a fun game!  1

98 comments

portu [5 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I don't know if this the right place to request this, but:

On the page:

http://fantasy.road.cc/riders

I'd like to see the rider values - and their 'TYPE' - PC, KM, GC, etc - on the page at first glance instead of having to click on each rider to see their value, Thanks!

dave atkinson [6145 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

What does 'Points TBC' mean?

to be confirmed. which will be next week.

as to all the other changes, well, no. we listened to everyone's suggestions and we did what we thought would work best based on those and our own experiences of last year's game. so the game we're playing this year is, well, this one. some people seem to think it's better, some aren't so sure. i guess time will tell and this time next year we'll no doubt tweak it. Although I won't be rebuilding it again. no sir.

Quote:

I'd like to see the rider values - and their 'TYPE' - PC, KM, GC, etc - on the page at first glance instead of having to click on each rider to see their value, Thanks!

i'll add that in.

portu [5 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I can't believe I went to the riders page - and you had already added the info! That was quick! Wow! Thanks, Dave!  1

orli [75 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
nina... wrote:

Out of curiousity, is the new scoring for the TDU reflective of the actual points in the real race? Is that the way points are awarded during the real race?

I think it'd be fun if the game awarded points exactly as the races do!  1

0 likes

I've got some questions about transfers:

Here's some situations I wanted to clarify:

1. If I have two available but I don't use them on race day, is there a place where I will be reminded I have two I didn't use from the current stage and the two for the next day? Will my 'Free Transfers' section on my Game page then read '4' for the next stage?

2. If I only use one transfer a day, would I then have a rolling total of three transfers every day?

3. I don't use my 2 free transfers on a stage. The next day is a rest day. Does that mean that after the rest day I'll have 6 transfers? Now, if I don't use any of them the day after the rest day, only two of the six I had will roll over right? So, on the following day I'd have 4 transfers available, right?

2 Just a little confused!  1

drheaton [3318 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I have a transfer question too. If I roll two transfers over, so I have 4 total the next day, are my rolled over transfers the first to be used so if I made three transfers the next day would that be my two rolled over transfers plus one leaving one to be rolled forward OR would my normal transfers be used first making two normal transfers plus one rolled over from the previous day (meaning I had a rolled over transfer remaining which would then be lost).

I know its semantics but it might crop up fairly quickly and the rules weren't 100% clear.

Ta

0 likes
Quote:

1. If I have two available but I don't use them on race day, is there a place where I will be reminded I have two I didn't use from the current stage and the two for the next day? Will my 'Free Transfers' section on my Game page then read '4' for the next stage?

it'll read 4. the stage listing has details of the transfers for each stage.

Quote:

2. If I only use one transfer a day, would I then have a rolling total of three transfers every day?

yes

Quote:

3. I don't use my 2 free transfers on a stage. The next day is a rest day. Does that mean that after the rest day I'll have 6 transfers? Now, if I don't use any of them the day after the rest day, only two of the six I had will roll over right? So, on the following day I'd have 4 transfers available, right?

right. any transfers you don't use only roll over to the next day.

Quote:

I have a transfer question too. If I roll two transfers over, so I have 4 total the next day, are my rolled over transfers the first to be used so if I made three transfers the next day would that be my two rolled over transfers plus one leaving one to be rolled forward OR would my normal transfers be used first making two normal transfers plus one rolled over from the previous day (meaning I had a rolled over transfer remaining which would then be lost).

the rolled over ones would get used first.

0 likes

Thanks for the time, Dave!  1

monica [24 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Just a couple of comments:

1. I'm trying to set up my team and thought it would be cool if you could filter the riders by team - so only the riders from that team would show!  1

2. I would love to stick the 4 highest value riders - Boassen Hagen, Greipel, Petacchi and Goss - on my team. Why don't you raise our budgets to 175! Like last year?  1

3. Is the start list for the Tour Down Under competition final?

juanca [3 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Ok, let me see if I got this transfer thing down right.

One more scenario for the Grand Tours:

1. It's the day before a rest day. I don't use any of my two (2) available transfers.

2. My two (2) transfers roll over.

3. After the rest day, I'm allotted four (4) free transfers, so if I had two rolled over, I would now have six (6) transfers avaiable for the stage after the rest day. Is that right?

4. But if don't use ANY of the six, only two would roll over. Right?

If that's the case, how about next year, you get to roll them ALL over? That's be fun!  1

0 likes
Quote:

2. I would love to stick the 4 highest value riders - Boassen Hagen, Greipel, Petacchi and Goss - on my team. Why don't you raise our budgets to 175! Like last year?

for precisely that reason  1

Quote:

I'm trying to set up my team and thought it would be cool if you could filter the riders by team - so only the riders from that team would show!

you *can* filter riders by team, they show in alphabetical order (i think)

Quote:

Is the start list for the Tour Down Under competition final?

nope. probably be final on friday but there are often last minute changes.

Quote:

Ok, let me see if I got this transfer thing down right.

One more scenario for the Grand Tours:

1. It's the day before a rest day. I don't use any of my two (2) available transfers.

2. My two (2) transfers roll over.

3. After the rest day, I'm allotted four (4) free transfers, so if I had two rolled over, I would now have six (6) transfers avaiable for the stage after the rest day. Is that right?

4. But if don't use ANY of the six, only two would roll over. Right?

not quite. transfers allocated to a stage that you don't use on a stage roll over for the next day, and that day only. so your four rest day transfers would roll over, giving you six again. then if you didn't use *them*, you'd be down to four on the stage after.

i think  1

Quote:

If that's the case, how about next year, you get to roll them ALL over? That's be fun

i'll put it on the 'big list of things people have suggested' and we'll knock it about at the end of the season

fluffchucker [272 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

@dave_atkinson
The game set-up looks great & now I finally managed to pick my team [due to green button glitch]& quick & easy to find my way about.
I can't believe the above post's wanting to make more changes, when they already had the opportunity during the last few weeks to voice their opinions.  7
Many thanks to you & your team for a great game  1

charliemac74 [183 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Are you going to have the TDU scores on the doors ready for us getting up at 7am each day then Dave?  39

0 likes

Dave, for the leagues, once you're looking at the rankings, you see your rank within the league, but not where all the league members rank in the overall competition (TDU). Could you add a column that also indicates the rank within the overall for the competition? I think it'd be fun. Thanks!  1

0 likes
Quote:

Is there any way to warn you the excessive transfers will cost you points before (!) you commit to transfers?

what, apart from the big red number at the top of the transfers page and the second warning on the confirmation page?

0 likes
orli wrote:

Dave, for the leagues, once you're looking at the rankings, you see your rank within the league, but not where all the league members rank in the overall competition (TDU). Could you add a column that also indicates the rank within the overall for the competition? I think it'd be fun. Thanks!  1

yes, i would think so. i'll have a look at that.

stumps [3185 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Having read the earlier updates my points have virtually doubled but my league position has gone down  13 - can we not forget about todays slight scoring glitch and keep our original points, pretty please  20

0 likes
Quote:

Is there any way to warn you the excessive transfers will cost you points before (!) you commit to transfers?

the big confirm button now tells you how many points you're spending...

0 likes
stumps wrote:

Having read the earlier updates my points have virtually doubled but my league position has gone down  13 - can we not forget about todays slight scoring glitch and keep our original points, pretty please  20

yeah, a few popular riders did considerably better second time around

i dropped 5 points and 270 places  2

paco [5 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I think I just did something pretty stupid. I started to make transfers like crazy and I went over my limit of two free transfers without noticing - until after I hit the complete transfer button. Wow. I inadvertantly cost myself 40 or so points!  2 Is there any way to warn you the excessive transfers will cost you points before (!) you commit to transfers? Maybe a pop-up or something that says "Äre you sure you want spend 40 points to complete 2 extra transfers?" Or maybe something like having the "Cost of transfer" letters come up in red if you're paying for transfers. Just to make it a little more obvious! Thanks! Sigh  2 I wish I had noticed before!  2

paco [5 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:

... the big confirm button now tells you how many points you're spending...

Thanks, Dave... For a minute, because I didn't notice I was spending penalty points, I went crazy with my transfers...

Well, thanks... I see the "Penalty Points" box turns red if you go over your free transfers?

At the risk of going overboard, could you:

1. Make the "Free Transfers" button, or the text, green? And when it hits "0" have it turn red? I know... over kill !  1 and...

2. On the "Confirm transfers" page, could you put the "Cost of these transfers: 20 points" in bigger bold red type?  1

3. Consider that if transfers can be rolled over, then maybe we can "borrow" against them so there no penalties, unless you consume MORE than the 20 or so transfers we get in the whole competition.

Just asking... 'cause I think I ruined my chances at the game with my stupidity...  2

charliemac74 [183 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

You have 2 transfers, surely its not that difficult to keep count?  39

fico [18 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

Crap, I, too, went overboard on my transfers!  2

On another note, I noticed something that's totally irrelevant but it has me perplexed.

I was searching for Cantwell to add him as a rider. I typed in 'can' and my only result was 'Ryder Hesjedal'.

I was perplexed, so I typed 'ca' and Cantwell came up. I typed in 'cant' and Cantwell came up.

I typed 'can' again and no Cantwell. Just Ryder H.

Is the rider search process built so if you use three letters only it will look for nationality ONLY? (?)

Or am I doing something wrong? Just wondering

0 likes
Quote:

1. Make the "Free Transfers" button, or the text, green? And when it hits "0" have it turn red? I know... over kill

if you don't notice the penalty points box turning red, why would you notice the transfers box turning red? they're next to one another.

Quote:

2. On the "Confirm transfers" page, could you put the "Cost of these transfers: 20 points" in bigger bold red type?

if you don't read the text on the big green button, you're unlikely to read it on the big red button either...

0 likes
Quote:

Is the rider search process built so if you use three letters only it will look for nationality ONLY? (?)

not exactly, but if you type in an IOC country code (AUS, CAN, GBR, ITA, etc) you'll get the riders from that country.

0 likes
Quote:

Crap, I, too, went overboard on my transfers!

that wasn't you racking up 140 penalty points was it?  19

giff77 [1191 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I've no issue with layout, points or anything else with the game. My only issue is my inability to pick a decent squad and get decent points!!!!

0 likes

Last place overall is now an impressive -99...

vivian... [2 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes

I'm pretty new at this. I was looking at 'My Team' page and saw that I can see the scores for each of the last 5 stages. What if I wanted to see the scores for, for example, Stage 1 of the TDU? Is there another place I can go see that? Especially since I guess with newer races, the 'older' races will get 'buried' by the newer ones. Thanks! Fun game!  1

fluffchucker [272 posts] 4 years ago
0 likes
fico wrote:

Crap, I, too, went overboard on my transfers!  2
On another note, I noticed something that's totally irrelevant but it has me perplexed.
I was searching for Cantwell to add him as a rider. I typed in 'can' and my only result was 'Ryder Hesjedal'.
I was perplexed, so I typed 'ca' and Cantwell came up. I typed in 'cant' and Cantwell came up.
I typed 'can' again and no Cantwell. Just Ryder H.
Or am I doing something wrong? Just wondering

If you knew you were looking for Cantwell, why didn't you type in C A N T W E L L, it seems simple enough to me  40

Pages