Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

CTC London Newsletter: Monday, 19 December 2011 - What is happening to cycling in Greater London?

CTC London Newsletter: Monday, 19 December 2011 - What is happening to cycling in Greater London?

Cyclists' Touring Club

You are on this list because you are:

CTC Right to Ride Representative

Local Group Secretary

Local Group Officers

CTC Members

CTC Affiliated Club

Friend of Cycling in London

Please forward to interested parties

Please find below news that may be of interest to your role CTC or other organisations, enabling all those who wish to use a cycle as transport or leisure to be able to do so.

Unwanted Emails

If these CTC London emails are unwanted, please let me know ASAP by sending me an email and placing unsubscribe in the subject line and I will take you off my distribution list.
I will be using Mailchimp program soon so the process of unsubscribing and subscribing be much easer.

ITEM OF INTEREST

1. King's Cross Station Vigil

Urgent – We Need Action Now - Can You Help?

Why: Cyclists, pedestrians, and friends and family of recent crash victims will gather for a Christmas vigil to remember loved ones and highlight the unacceptable death toll on the capital's roads.

Date: Tuesday 20 December 2011

Time: 6.00 pm

Supported by: The London Cycling Campaign, RoadPeace, London Living Street and CTC/CTCLondon

http://lcc.org.uk/articles/kings-cross-memorial-why-are-london-cyclists-...

2. Advance Notice

LCC (London Cycling Campaign) Election Campaign Event

Why: CTC/CTC London is supporting the LCC Election Campaign Event in support its campaign to make roads in the Greater London safe and inviting as in Holland (Netherlands) for cycling.

Date: Saturday 28 April 2012

Please try not to book any ride or event on this day so that we can have a good turn out.

Time: To be confirmed

Supported by: The London Cycling Campaign and CTC/CTCLondon

3. Can you help?

Cycle Rides

I believe there is either a shortage or lack of knowledge of short cycle ride in the Greater London area.

To negate this I am compiling a database of ride organisers and if there are any geographical gaps, I will attempt to get the gaps filled

Do you know of any shorts rides?

What types of group are you?

CTC Members group

Informal cycling group

LCC local group

Sustrans group

Friend of the Earth group

Greenpeace group

Church group

BEM group

Faith group

Youth hostel group

Meetup group

Any other type of group

Name of group

Contact Email

Contact Telephone

Website

Do you have rides midweek?

Do you have rides on Saturday?

Do you have rides on Sunday?

Time of start

How long are the rides in terms of distance?

How long are the rides in terms of time?

Please send all information to

philipbenstead1 [at] gmail.com

Many thank for help in this matter

4. Contributions Needed

Do you have any news good bad or indifferent about cycling in London, what make you blood boil.

Do you have any new that could go in this newsletter and /or on CTC London yahoo group site?

Please send me your news to

5. CTC London Yahoo Group?

I am trying to get individuals to join CTC London Yahoo Group so I do not have to send out these emails.

Join now at http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/ctclondon

Email to ctclondon [at] yahoogroups.co.uk

END

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments