Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Hotels In Paris

Can anyone recommend me a good hotel in Paris to say in for the final weekend of the Tour de France next year? I've stayed at the Novotel on the Quai de Grenelle a few times but would like to know which hotels cycling fans like/prefer. Thank you.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

chris75018 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hotel Acacias Etoile (15th or 16th arondissement) is where we put our out-of town clients when I used to work in Paris - just the other side of the Arc de triomphe so a doddle to get to the Champs elysees for the race.

Otherwise, I often put friends & family up at Hotel Beaumarchais (Oberkampf tube.) Not as near but a nice enough walk through the Marais to the Rue de Rivoli, and fairly straightforward to get to from Gare du Nord. round about the 80-90 euro mark I think. and there's plenty of decent bars around there for post-race drinks!

Or, if you're on a budget, try Hotel Caulaincourt Square in Montmartre - it's kind of half hostel / half hotel so not the quietest, but you can either get your own room (basic, but in pretty good nick) or share a dorm. plenty of decent (and cheap by Paris standards) bars round there too. Tube to the Champs is probably 20/30 mins.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just had a scan though my emails to find the last hotel i stayed in Paris (2007) as i thought it was great on a budget, so though i might aswell chuck it into the mix

As you have some of the more expensive ones above

I stayed in one that cost 35 Euro for 2 people a night

Hotel Balladins
268, rue Brement
Rosny sous bois
Paris

Got it through Hostel World, its just like a travel lodge is over here, very close to a train station and for 3 euro and 15 mins travel we were in the centre of Paris  3

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hotel Le Meurice; ask for a room facing onto rue de Rivoli, 1st or 2nd floor.

Pro: Best view of the race going past (x9 - actually, x18 because you'll see them on the other side of the Tuileries too)  3

Con: We're talking an awful lot of euro (or whatever they're using as a currency on the continent come next July...)

PeteH | 12 years ago
0 likes

when in paris I generally stay in the Hotel Maxim, rue Censier (5th arrondissement) very close to Censier-Daubenton metro - on the 7th line so a direct line up to Louvre/Opera in 10 mins. (Opera is where the roissybus goes from also so quite handy to get to CdG.) You can also walk from the hotel to Notre Dame in 15 mins I'd say.

My criteria are basically that the rooms are comfortable/clean and that it is in a really vibrant neighbourhood. (brilliant Morrocan just across the street plus la rue Mouffetard a couple of minutes walk away). However it is not "posh" (think it was 2* last time I was there), the rooms are pretty small, and I do tend to think of it as a place to sleep more than anything else. But cheap.

However in my experience I doubt other cycling fans would be staying there. The one time I watched the TdF in Paris (Pantani) it was only really apparent that there was a bike race on when I was pretty close to the Champs Elysees.

Have to say finally that given the choice, I'd probably pick someplace other than Paris if I wanted to see the tour. But I do remember a good atmosphere nevertheless.

pjay | 12 years ago
0 likes

If you don't mind being in Eastern Paris I'd recommend Mama Shelter. I had a great stay there the weekend before last. The bus to the centre of Paris took about 20 minutes, or you can cycle if you can find a Velib.

bobinski replied to pjay | 12 years ago
0 likes
pjay wrote:

If you don't mind being in Eastern Paris I'd recommend Mama Shelter. I had a great stay there the weekend before last. The bus to the centre of Paris took about 20 minutes, or you can cycle if you can find a Velib.

I second Mama Shelter! i have stayed there twice in the last few years. quirky and fun, great food especially at breakfeast and a fun bar and club if you are into that kind of thing.

Latest Comments