Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Summer football transfers

so it looks like Man City will try to buy the world, real will try and get kaka, ribery and ronaldo (how much would that shopping spree cost?!) and chelsea may get a few milan youngsters.

What does that leave for the rest of us?

As a spurs fan I think we should sell Darren Bent (sunderland maybe), Gilberto, Chimbonda, Alan Hutton (back to Rangers), Zokora (Portsmouth or Ajax), David Bentley (west ham or villa). We could then bring dos santos back in from Ipswich and have a more balanced, cost effective side.

What will happen with you team?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

48 comments

James Warrener | 14 years ago
0 likes

I warn you though, I am hardcore  4  4  4 !!!

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

Good idea

0 likes

Might do, if I do shall I wear the road.cc jersey so you know who I am in?

0 likes

No, but I've got a soft spot for them. You gonna go?

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

Heard the rumours that ronaldo has a pre-contract agreement with Real Madrid that means if they do not sign him by the end of June (this year!) he gets £26million in compensation!?! This has been confirmed by real, the world has gone mad.

This guy is a cheat, not a very good cheat either.

dave atkinson | 14 years ago
0 likes

maybe you could enter a beach football league  1

0 likes

is one of them a keeper or will they be playing rush goalie next season?

James Warrener replied to Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes
tony_farrelly wrote:

is one of them a keeper or will they be playing rush goalie next season?

They are planning on getting a 'keeper in soon.

I hope none of you lot at Road.cc towers are Bath City fans or we will fall out twice next season  4

0 likes

Weymouth have 2 players now, so its looking up for us.

hammergonewest | 14 years ago
0 likes

Well, we're losing Lucas Neil so we probably need to find a new full back, I'm a bit worried that we might lose Green too, that might be a blow. The club are obviously concerned about that too cos they've signed the young Hungarian we've had on loan since February to a four year deal.

You can keep Bentley thanks Jon - we've already got Dyer and Faubert, you can have Boa Morte though.

We probably need a forward and a full back, but since the new regime don't really buy British - and also have a penchant for getting fringe squad players in on loan (a good idea I reckon) I haven't got the foggiest who we'll end up with on current form it'll be some kid from Seria B in Italy or an old giffer from La Liga or Seria A… or maybe someone who finds the Russian winters too cold.

0 likes

i was at uni there for 4 years and we used to go to elm park of a saturday. i still have the souvenir programme from the last ever game there. now *that* was a proper football ground  1

DaSy | 14 years ago
0 likes

Dave - having lived all my life in Reading, it's strange to me that anyone outside the area supports them.

For most of my life they were a poor performing 4th division club with a crap ground near the town centre that caused chaos on match days.

Hanneman is the only one I know anything about as I meet him quite a bit in my mates bike shop, he's very into MTB's.

the-daily-ripper | 14 years ago
0 likes

the only thing that can save the Geordies in Ant & Dec. I think they'll be out the premiership for a good few years, and am praying I'm right!

Oli Pendrey | 14 years ago
0 likes

Not sure about Shearer really we've been through so many 'right men for the job', it seems that a 'right team for the job' might be more of a priority. The Geordies are pretty well practised at idolising players/managers but in my opinion it just adds to the whole soap opera effect of the club...all we need now is some kind of happy ending scenario!

I agree about Owen, I can't see him staying but then again I can't see anyone else wanting to buy him. Sadly for him his peak seemed to be 1998/99 and he's been trying to live up to that ever since...

Jon Burrage | 14 years ago
0 likes

Oli, do you think shearer is the right man for the job? As an outsider it seems that newcastle fans love their 'saviours' but none really seem to be able to stick with it...look at keegan, twice.

Owen will go (doubt any newcastle fans would mind). I would quite like to sign obafemi martins if bent goes to sunderland. Quite like the idea of steven taylor too but I doubt he will be happy competing with woodgate, ledley and dawson.

0 likes

my team (reading) will go down, as i predicted here: http://road.cc/content/forum/3664-football-misery

so far hahnemman's the only one that's gone of the four i reckoned would go, and he's been pushed. but so have duberry, murty and lita and i can't see doyle and hunt staying. doesn't leave much of the first team. plus we don't have a manager. pft.

Oli Pendrey | 14 years ago
0 likes

Well I'm a Newcastle fan so now that we've gone down all our best players are bound to leave......oh hang on a minute we don't have any 'best' players. But im predicting at least 4 managerial transfers next season so most of the transfer kitty will be blown on paying each of them a hefty fee when they leave.  2

Mr Sock | 14 years ago
0 likes

Well I see Owen Hargreaves might have to quit top level football so maybe you could sign him  3

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/

Pages

Latest Comments