FS: Genesis Aether 10 Road Bike - Nearly New, 52cm

by EMaxBristol   September 12, 2011  

Genesis Aether 10, 2010, 52cm
Nearly New

This bike is lovely, super smart and sleek road bike for busting round town and getting some road miles in. Have a look at the photo's and you will see that it is in excellent condition.

This is a mid level road bike.It is for entry level racing - as it is more confortable (slightly shorter in the top tube and slacker) than full blown race and tri bikes, more confidence inspiring to get into road rracing or triathalons.

The more comfortable geometry makes it an ideal town/commuting bike as it's easier to look around in the traffic and is great for long days rides or cyclo-cross if you put nobbly tyres on. In fact it is essentially the exact same frame as the Genesis Vapour Cyclo-Cross bike. Bit of a do everything bike.

Retail price - £650
My selling price - £375

This is a unisex bike. As the geometry is a little less racey it is fine for women - I am female! But it is not intended as a ladies bike.

I bought this bike last October, for a bit of training getting to work and back. I used it for less than two months before I was told I couldn't ride dropped handlebars due to the arthritus in my wrist. I needed an operation and road biking was causing too much damage. It has not been used since xmas and I have not decided that it will have to go, road biking is not for me.

I can arrange postage but that will require payment from the buyer. I would prefer collection, I live in Bristol. I can deliver if not too far away or on route while heading off biking or working.

The spec is as follows:
Frame:6069 ALX-9 triple butted aluminium
Fork:Carbon Blades / Aluminium with eyelets
Front Derailleur:Shimano 2300
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Sora
Number of Gears: 16
Shifters: Shimano 2300 STI
Chainset: Shimano 2350 compact
Chainrings: 50/34 compact
Bottom Bracket: TH sealed square taper
Cassette: Shimano HG-50 12-25 tooth
Chain: Shimano
Pedals:Metal Cage with clips and straps
Front Brake: Tektro R316A 57mm
Rear Brake: Tektro R316A 57mm
Brake Levers: Shimano 2300 STI
Handlebars: Genesis 6061 Shallow Drop
Stem: Genesis 6061 / 31.8mm clamp
Headset: FSA Aheadset
Grips: Ventilated / padded tape
Rims: Alex R450 32H
Front Hub: Shimano 2200
Rear Hub: Shimano 2200
Spokes: Stainless steel
Front Tyre: Continental Ultra Race 25C
Rear Tyre: Continental Ultra Race 25C
Saddle: Genesis Road with Cr-Mo rails
Seatpost: Genesis 6061 27.2mm

Sizing:
Actual Centre to top = 490mm
Top tube horizontal = 538mm
Head Tube = 132mm
Head Angle = 72
Seat Angle = 74
Chain Stay Length = 413mm
Bottom Bracket Drop from Axle Line = 70mm

1 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Hi there,
If this bike is still for sale I have a friend who is extremely interested in it.
She's not registered on Road.cc yet but could you give her an e-mail regarding the bike?

Address being: rebecca (at) whiteduckscreenprint.co.uk

Thanks.

posted by timwilkey [5 posts]
8th November 2011 - 21:18

like this
Like (1)