Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Winning rider's team in World Championships???

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

91 comments

manolo | 12 years ago
0 likes

This would be a good time to raise the limit of riders from one team to 3 or 4  1

LabMonkey replied to drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Also, when I've been looking at previous top 10s for the TT there are some riders in there who aren't in the current full rider lists. I assume that once the final teams are announced they'll be added in?

EDIT: Scratch that, the guys retired.

Were you after Koos Moerenhout by any chance?

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I might have been  7

Although a few might need to be added anyway like Jack Bauer and Borbridge who I don't think are in the list as it stands.

LabMonkey replied to drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I might have been  7

Although a few might need to be added anyway like Jack Bauer and Borbridge who I don't think are in the list as it stands.

Bobridge (check your spelling) is there... I can't see Bauer.

manolo | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ok, my team is all greyed out right now. So, I have questions!  1 Does that mean that none of the riders I had for the Vuelta are on the currently available riders list? Are the riders that are available right now only the ones that will do the WC Elite ITT? Wil the list then change for the raod race? That's a lot of work! Wow!  1 Will someone post here when the game rider list is complete? Until then, unlimited transfers? Thanks!  1

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

The riders that are available just now are the ones who races the GP Montreal and not the world championship riders, i'm sure they will get updated nearer the time when a list becomes available

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

You can have a reasonable guess about who will be there and get picking, if you like, but start lists won't be out til around next weekend.

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

Does anybody understand any of the above?  26

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

Sohrabi has 10 wins this season.
Cavendish has 14 wins. by the way, I think.

excluding team time trials, jerseys and classements.

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

ive sort of got a team i think, my prob is who if any out of the sprinters and climbers category will be in the TT

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ditto, I'm struggling to try and find a potential top 20 TT rider in either the PC or KM categories. As usual they're all in the ARs although some of the better TT all-rounders might be saving themselves for the road race. Also trying to work out which 4 of the 10 or so half decent TTing DSs will have a good run.

dave atkinson replied to thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

Does anybody understand any of the above?  26

I don't  4

To clarify though, here's where we are: we don't know who's riding yet, and when we do we'll whittle down the starters. for now everyone's down as riding.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Ok, so i made up a mock team

Bradley WIGGINS
Mark CAVENDISH
David MILLAR
Jonathan BELLIS
Christopher FROOME
Daniel LLOYD

So if that for instance was the British team and Cav won a sprint finish, does that mean i've already made 45 points without anyone else finishing in the top 20?

20 for Cav's win and 5 for the rest cause they are British, or only 20 for the win because non of the rest are from HTC??

Low Speed Wobble | 12 years ago
0 likes

Does anyone reading road.cc still watch and enjoy real bike races for what they are - incredible examples of athleticism and great entertainment. Or do you simply view them as necessary components of a game?  7 It would be a great shame if that were true.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I can only really speak for myself, but i have seen others saying the same, I really enjoy the racing and this game give it an extra edge.

From a personal stand point. Before i used to just enjoy watching it, but now i have riders to cheers on, but only the guys in my team at the time, lol, sort of like watching a football match with two teams you dont support, take for example, Man Utd vs Chelsea, there are a few players i dont like and a few i do, so i cheer for the ones i dont like to get snapped (Rooney) and the ones i like to play well

I'm now doing this with racing, so say i had Dan Martin and him and J-Rod were on a climb, i'd be wishing J-Rod would slip a gear or get a puncture or anything to slow him down, i dont wish them injuries like i do with footballers, but i want to see the riders i dont have lose  19  19

Am i the only one??

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gkam - I agree, with the emergence of Sky i seem to cheer them on regardless of their nationality. But if they aren't at the front i have my fantasy team riders to cheer.

However there was nothing better than seeing Voeckler in yellow hitting the front, proper bike racing.  4

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I agree, I've always watched the TdF but never so much the Giro or Vuelta but the last two years I've got alot more into these races. It's also caused me to pay more attention to who's in the breakaways, which Domestiques are doing well and who's in form rather than just watching sprint finishes and waiting for the mountains where it gets interesting.

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

i know a *lot* more about pro racing than i did a year ago  4

drheaton replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Bradley WIGGINS
Mark CAVENDISH
David MILLAR
Jonathan BELLIS
Christopher FROOME
Daniel LLOYD

So if that for instance was the British team and Cav won a sprint finish, does that mean i've already made 45 points without anyone else finishing in the top 20?

20 for Cav's win and 5 for the rest cause they are British, or only 20 for the win because non of the rest are from HTC??

My understanding is that you would get 45 points as each Brit would get 5pts but you would not be allowed to have EBH as another rider as that would take you to three Team Sky riders.

fxceltic | 12 years ago
0 likes

agreed, my knowledge of the peloton over the last 2 years has gone through the roof, I know the palmares of a lot of DS's like the back of my hand, its actually a bit embarrassing.

My love for the consistency of Konstantin Sivtsovs point scoring knows no bounds.

fxceltic replied to drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

Bradley WIGGINS
Mark CAVENDISH
David MILLAR
Jonathan BELLIS
Christopher FROOME
Daniel LLOYD

My understanding is that you would get 45 points as each Brit would get 5pts but you would not be allowed to have EBH as another rider as that would take you to three Team Sky riders.

you could do this but overall you wouldnt do that well in the road race with those riders, not on this course.
You'd get your 20 points for Cav and 5 for each of the others, so 60 points or so, but I would doubt any of them would come in the top 20 really, bar Cav.

Better to go for people finishing in the top 20, perhaps augmented by a couple of brits, maybe GT for example.

0 likes

The road race will be much easy to pick anyway due to it being like a normal stage, im finding the TT hard, i want 5 DS's to feel like i have a strong team

and putting in mr Dekkers to free up cash wont exactly help either based on who i have picked and the lack of (current non existance to my knowledge) PC KM riders,

drheaton replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

The road race will be much easy to pick anyway due to it being like a normal stage, im finding the TT hard, i want 5 DS's to feel like i have a strong team

and putting in mr Dekkers to free up cash wont exactly help either based on who i have picked and the lack of (current non existance to my knowledge) PC KM riders,

As usual all the TTers are all-rounders so despite the likes of Taylor Phinney and Dave Zabriskie being likely to finish top 20 I can't see them being massively popular just down to who else is in the that category. Hopefully next year with some added flexibility in how you set up your team we can have a bit more freedom on who we choose.

I think everyone is going to struggle to pick someone likely to finish in the top 20 from the PC and KM list, I can't find anyone that I'm overly confident of and to be honest most of them probably won't even compete.

Dave, if there are no/few sprinters/climbers competing in the TT and we pick someone like Dekkers or Hinault who are cheap but not racing will our team still be valid? I know having greyed out riders is fine mid-tour but usually you need a valid team going into the first stage. How does that apply for classics and the worlds?

Gkam84 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Unless Dekkers is riding the TT then you cant have him in, it will leave you with the 9 valid riders to start the TT because its like the start of any new race, you must have 9 riders who are on the start list

0 likes

yh but if there are no PC guys at all, what will the difference be as everyone's team will be invalid in that case

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just had a read through the rules, I don't think there's anything to stop you from entering Dekkers as your sprinter. The rules say that you have to have a roster of 9 riders, they don't say anything about whether they have to be riding that stage or not. By the way, Bauke Mollema can TT a bit, so there shouldn't be a total shortage of climbers.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah but the rules are different for having grey'd out riders during a tour, i'm pretty sure you cant start a race with grey'd out riders as its then not a vaild team

I'm sure Dave will clear this up or move some of the riders into different categories to cover that issue

dave atkinson replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Yeah but the rules are different for having grey'd out riders during a tour, i'm pretty sure you cant start a race with grey'd out riders as its then not a vaild team

you just have to have nine riders selected. doesn't matter if they're greyed out.

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thought so, thanks Dave  1

0 likes

well mollema isnt doing the TT and i cant see any of them doing it tbh, especially when teams can only select two

Pages

Latest Comments