Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Winning rider's team in World Championships???

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

91 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I can only really speak for myself, but i have seen others saying the same, I really enjoy the racing and this game give it an extra edge.

From a personal stand point. Before i used to just enjoy watching it, but now i have riders to cheers on, but only the guys in my team at the time, lol, sort of like watching a football match with two teams you dont support, take for example, Man Utd vs Chelsea, there are a few players i dont like and a few i do, so i cheer for the ones i dont like to get snapped (Rooney) and the ones i like to play well

I'm now doing this with racing, so say i had Dan Martin and him and J-Rod were on a climb, i'd be wishing J-Rod would slip a gear or get a puncture or anything to slow him down, i dont wish them injuries like i do with footballers, but i want to see the riders i dont have lose  19  19

Am i the only one??

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gkam - I agree, with the emergence of Sky i seem to cheer them on regardless of their nationality. But if they aren't at the front i have my fantasy team riders to cheer.

However there was nothing better than seeing Voeckler in yellow hitting the front, proper bike racing.  4

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I agree, I've always watched the TdF but never so much the Giro or Vuelta but the last two years I've got alot more into these races. It's also caused me to pay more attention to who's in the breakaways, which Domestiques are doing well and who's in form rather than just watching sprint finishes and waiting for the mountains where it gets interesting.

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

i know a *lot* more about pro racing than i did a year ago  4

fxceltic | 12 years ago
0 likes

agreed, my knowledge of the peloton over the last 2 years has gone through the roof, I know the palmares of a lot of DS's like the back of my hand, its actually a bit embarrassing.

My love for the consistency of Konstantin Sivtsovs point scoring knows no bounds.

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

The road race will be much easy to pick anyway due to it being like a normal stage, im finding the TT hard, i want 5 DS's to feel like i have a strong team

and putting in mr Dekkers to free up cash wont exactly help either based on who i have picked and the lack of (current non existance to my knowledge) PC KM riders,

0 likes

yh but if there are no PC guys at all, what will the difference be as everyone's team will be invalid in that case

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just had a read through the rules, I don't think there's anything to stop you from entering Dekkers as your sprinter. The rules say that you have to have a roster of 9 riders, they don't say anything about whether they have to be riding that stage or not. By the way, Bauke Mollema can TT a bit, so there shouldn't be a total shortage of climbers.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah but the rules are different for having grey'd out riders during a tour, i'm pretty sure you cant start a race with grey'd out riders as its then not a vaild team

I'm sure Dave will clear this up or move some of the riders into different categories to cover that issue

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thought so, thanks Dave  1

0 likes

well mollema isnt doing the TT and i cant see any of them doing it tbh, especially when teams can only select two

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well i have a TT team lined up, but pretty annoyed that its not going to be limited by country rather than team, because i want to put in 3 from the same team, but can't even though they are from 3 different countries and as they are racing for their countries, i dont see why it should be limited by team  14

stewieatb | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gkam - from what Dave's said, it seems that the system of only having 2 people per team is written pretty deeply into the codebase, so changing it would be an absolutely enormous job.

Can each country really only enter 2 people for the TT?  40

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I dont know how many each country can enter and don't really care about that

But what i'm saying is, 3 riders all from different countries but from the same team, but i can't pick them because of the limit, which is just annoying because we're already limited because most will be all rounders and not climbers and sprinters, so i may not even bother with the TT properly because i'm only going to be able to pick a couple of riders who have a real chance, the rest will be DS and not do much, there will only be a couple of GC guys aswell

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

All limits are abolished. You can pick whoever you like, within budget. It's a World Champs beanfeast. Make hay!

arsene | 12 years ago
0 likes

Does that include rider classifications Dave?

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Wow Dave, nice work, that makes it alot more interesting. Anyone have any idea how many riders per country are entered into the TT? Will GB be able to enter WIggins, Thomas and Millar or just two of those?

0 likes

Thomas isnt listed down, GB will pick two from wiggins, millar and dowsett, and it ins only two per country as far as i am aware

coffee_queen | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think Alex Dowsett would be a much more likely candidate for the TT that G, what with him being the new national TT champion and all. Though personally, I think BRad and Dave would be the safer choices

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, Dowsett is TT champ because everyone else was at the TdF so that doesn't really mean anything.

GT would be a better bet except I expect him to be main lead out man for Cav for the road champs so they might save him for that instead.

0 likes

Its even harder to pick a team now  2

and yh true about dowsett but he is one of the three that GB will pick from, im guessing they will go from brad and dave tho

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think you might look at the course before you put Cav in your team

http://www.copenhagen2011.dk/docs/elementer/20110913-1256-70.jpg

Thats not a Cav style course and he wont be in the final group after going round that 17 times, in fact i'd be surprised if he even finishes

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

Here's one for you all, will Froome be picked for Kenya in the TT after his exploits in the Vuelta or will Britain say "he's ours now"  39

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

and as for Dowsett, he's only 22 still so will he be in the u23 race instead ?

0 likes

No froome will not race for kenya (i dont believe he can now)

0 likes

Yeh Gkam, Cav was never gonna go anywhere near my team, especially as you can only have 1 PC guy, much better/cheaper options, i will take the 5 point bonus with my british rider if he happens to win

coffee_queen | 12 years ago
0 likes

I know Alex only won because everyone else was at the Vuelta, but he is still the national champion and surely that has to figure into it somewhere. Though this is probably all moot because Brad and Dave are still the best choices

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

A bit more info on the course - 17 x 14km laps and

"The riders will climb 105 meters in altitude on each lap, which besides from the final climb contains at the 3,9 km. Slotsbakken closely followed by a climb on Attermosevej"

according to the official website giving a total climb for the race of 1785m over a 266km race.

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

Eh? Not a Cav-style course? Those bumps on the profile are about 25-30 metres each, if that.

If, instead of a one lap profile (with a VERY exaggerated vertical scale), that were presented as the full 17 laps, it would look flat as a pancake. Which is pretty much what it is.

And anyone who thinks Cav can't cope with anything but a flat course in the first place needs to look at his recent results  3

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Oh ffs, some folk dont understand, you put false things up on here, because look at the amount of players and then look at the amount who post

Gotta be people who are just sniffing around to get hints and tips, well come join the convo, else i repeat Cav will be lucky to finish that course with the profile like that  3  44  3

Pages

Latest Comments