Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone recomend a track pump?

I'm looking for a track pump around £30 - any recomendations? at the moment this Silca one is favourite: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

TheHatter | 14 years ago
0 likes

thanks for the advice above - I finally ended up buying a track pump and took the advice of er... no-one (sorry!). I plumped for the BBB cheapo and I'm really impressed. Having never used a track pump before I'd only ever pumped up my tyres as hard as I could using my topeak mini pump I can't believe how under pressured my tyres were. Now I'm bang on 110 and hoping that I'll be spending far less time at roadside fixing punctures.

If this pump does fail me or when I have a bit more spare cash I think I'll splah out on the Rennkompressor or Joe Blow but for now the BBB from Parker Int is doing the job.

Iwein Dekoninck | 14 years ago
0 likes

Another +1 for the Joe Blow.

I had a Park Tool one before which IIRC was in the same price bracket but leagues behind in terms of quality.

silverpigeon | 15 years ago
0 likes

Another vote for the Joe Blow Sprint here. Very reliable, have had 120psi into my tyres with no problem, long hose and an air release button. Also, and most importantly, the valve disengages easily - doing away with the old 'knuckles on spokes' scenario.

narch | 15 years ago
0 likes

Had my joe Blow for 4 years now, never had a problem and works very well; mate with one would say the same.

John_the_Monkey | 15 years ago
0 likes

Parkers were doing the SKS Rennkompressor for £36 when I bought mine - out of your budget, I know, but you'll never need another track pump.

dave atkinson | 15 years ago
0 likes

if it's value you're looking for you can't really go wrong with the revolution, it really is a lot of pump for the money. there's not much below £30 that offers significantly more.

TheHatter | 15 years ago
0 likes

Cheers - I'm hoping the p* fairy might make less visits if I'm sure I have the correct pressure.
The revolution one on this site looks great value.

Jon Burrage | 15 years ago
0 likes

I have got a topeak joe blow, cost about £40 I think and is very reliable. Gest high pressures into tyres easily and feels like it will last many many years to come.

Tony Farrelly | 15 years ago
0 likes

We've got a review coming up in a couple of weeks of the Topeak Joe Blow Sprint, which is a tenner more but does get a very good review and there's a few more here http://road.cc/tags/track-pump

Latest Comments