Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

No more Velothon Wales

Looks like the Welsh government has withdrawn its funding.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/velothon-not-take-p...

Have we reached peak sportive?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

rogermerriman | 5 years ago
0 likes

Not that surprising really, fairly uninspiring route, and one that is unlikely to benefit locals bar hotels in Cardiff. and for some such as the garden centers a lost weekend, this said My folks and what not barely noticed it, inspite of living just off the route.

It also has the Dragon Ride which has been going for years and gets into the Breacon Beacons properly rather than just nipping the edge, not closed road but equally they are for most part fairly tame traffic wise.

PRSboy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Shame... I did the Velothon the second year, it was a great morning out on the bike with lots of friendly local support on the ride, and a fun stay in the Cardiff area the night before.

Funny how events like this seem to work overseas, but not in the UK.

amazon22 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Nope, still there (or maybe added again).

Windy Cyclist | 5 years ago
3 likes

Result! - I reported a comment earlier today on the WalesOnline article that was encouraging people to sound their horn as they approach cyclists from behind and then use their windscreen washers as they pass and it's now been removed! So that just leaves the comments from people who were imprisoned in their homes and still haven't recovered. I've never been brave enough to view Daily Hate Mail articles as life is too short - all I can recommend is ignore the wankers as life is too short (especially for them with their high blood pressure) and always ride with cameras.

Latest Comments