Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Velo South cancellation no refund

Missus is injured. Nothing serious but can't make Velo South now. Too late to transfer and there's a no refund policy. Seems more than a bit harsh, or is this standard?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Beecho | 5 years ago
2 likes

All logical. Will probably register her next Saturday anyway. Reply here if anyone wants to nab her place, blue start (7am loading). Being a lady probably helps.

madcarew | 5 years ago
0 likes

Fairly standard, but as Sparker says, often worth a try

Jimmy Ray Will | 5 years ago
0 likes

I should imagine this is a standard policy to protect the organiser. 

Imagine if four days before the event, crap weather was forecast... you cna only imagine the number of people going down with infections / injuries / family emergencies etc. 

Unfortuantely we are all governed by the lowest common denominator. 

sparker | 5 years ago
1 like

I've just got a refund. Came back from hols with a viral inner ear infection with symptoms of motion sickness which will severely affect my balance for several weeks, so riding a bike is out of the question. They asked for a letter from a medical professional so they could consider whether to refund or not. The letter cost £20, though better than losing the full fee. Contact them - don't ask, don't get.

Kendalred | 5 years ago
0 likes

I think most sporting participation events are the same - there is a local(ish) events organiser who offer a 75% refund if requested more than two weeks in advance, and no refunds after that.

To be fair to them, if they were to allow unlimited transfers or refunds, especially for a huge event like this, it would be an admin nightmare.

tigersnapper | 5 years ago
0 likes

I think it is fairly standard.  Some companies allow defer or a partial credit against a future event.  I'm in the same boat as your missus unfortunately.

Jetmans Dad | 5 years ago
0 likes

From memory, I think RideLondon offer a guaranteed place for the following year if you have to drop out through injury. That and VeloBirmingham are the only two I have taken part in. 

Beatnik69 replied to Jetmans Dad | 5 years ago
0 likes

Jetmans Dad wrote:

From memory, I think RideLondon offer a guaranteed place for the following year if you have to drop out through injury. That and VeloBirmingham are the only two I have taken part in. 

I can't speak for VeloBirmingham, but RideLondon lets you defer your guaranteed place, though you do have to pay again.

Latest Comments