Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stupid "We value your privacy" glitch is back.

Just me (android on samsung browser) or is this GDPR inspired nuisance back?

Also that dumbass smartphone mode needs to go, maybe relegate it to a menu setting?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

22 comments

joeegg | 5 years ago
0 likes

Unusable for me on my phone. Singletrack as well.

tugglesthegreat | 5 years ago
0 likes

Seems to be browser dependent.  I had the issue with IE but seems better with FireFox.

Steel Knees | 5 years ago
0 likes

Site still unusable

tugglesthegreat | 5 years ago
0 likes

I can't nagivate from one page to another, or one post in the forum the another without having to reconfirm!  Please post on FB when this is fixed, currently I can't use your website as it is.

EddyBerckx | 5 years ago
4 likes

Guys, it's a free site with a relatively small team working on it. Feedback like this thread is good for them to fix things and improve but lets not get carried away...chill out and give them time to sort it.

None of us pay a subscripton!

sami 59 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Awful

atgni | 5 years ago
0 likes

There's a drop down on the top left to select 'view as classic' or something like that right at the bottom.
Then you're back nearly useable again until you accidentally click the smartphone button again.

Woldsman replied to atgni | 5 years ago
0 likes

atgni wrote:

There's a drop down on the top left to select 'view as classic' or something like that right at the bottom. Then you're back nearly useable again until you accidentally click the smartphone button again.

Yes, when I’m using my iPhone I sometimes accidentally brush the ‘Smartphone’ icon with my right thumb. Then I do as you say and get back to the ‘Classic’, ie workable, view. 

My comments about the site not being usable were about when I try to view the web site on my Windows laptop. But actually, I’ve just tried it again on my Windows laptop and it’s working once more. For now...

zero_trooper | 5 years ago
1 like

I go to the 'road.cc' website (didn't think that it was the mobile version?) and after a few seconds the 'privacy' window opens, but the button doesn't work.

Makes the site completely unusable.

Woldsman replied to zero_trooper | 5 years ago
0 likes

zero_trooper wrote:

I go to the 'road.cc' website (didn't think that it was the mobile version?) and after a few seconds the 'privacy' window opens, but the button doesn't work.

Makes the site completely unusable.

I get exactly the same thing. I can no longer view the desktop version of the site.  

vonhelmet | 5 years ago
0 likes

Driving me nuts as well. That and ads that sieze control of the browser and direct me to a page that tells me I’ve won eleventy billion pounds but I just need to fill in a form in the next 12 minutes or I’ll lose it.

CXR94Di2 | 5 years ago
2 likes

Iive stopped using the mobile RoadCC.   I only use the pc rarely, so Roadcc have lost my viewing mainly.   Ill check back in a few months

Nuroad18 | 5 years ago
1 like

Let's face it, "we value your privacy" is about as sincere as "have a nice day" in McD's. Sorry Road.cc but if we were that worried we wouldn't have signed up to the site 

Eton Rifle replied to Nuroad18 | 5 years ago
1 like

Nuroad18 wrote:

Let's face it, "we value your privacy" is about as sincere as "have a nice day" in McD's. Sorry Road.cc but if we were that worried we wouldn't have signed up to the site 

If the site devs are so incompetent that they can't prevent a basic glitch like this wretched banner, they are probably not good enough to prevent even low-level hacking anyway. 

FluffyKittenofT... replied to Nuroad18 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Nuroad18 wrote:

It's up there with "your call is important to us".

(The other day when phoning my ISP I had to listen to that message looped for 20 minutes before being spontanously cut-off, unanswered)

EddyBerckx | 5 years ago
0 likes

It's intermittent for me.

The new site has continually improved but there are still bugs on my galaxy s8 on chrome. Comments on stories often refuse to load...same on the forum.

Otherwise it's a nice design

CXR94Di2 | 5 years ago
1 like

On my mobile app, Ii deselect everything and it just repeatedly loops again and again.  Ill drop roadcc if it doesnt sort it.

hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
2 likes

Ditto

Tommytrucker | 5 years ago
2 likes

All the time. Horrendous.

jacknorell | 5 years ago
3 likes

Absolutely agree.

Awful.

atgni | 5 years ago
3 likes