Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Reasonably Priced, Race Fit Jerseys

Hi all,

I'm struggling to find a decent, reasonably priced jersey, which is well fitting/race cut for general riding.

I'm 180cm and 66kg, so I'm fairly slim and wear size small. The only jersey that doesn't hang off/flap around on me is my Castelli Aero 5.1, but that also cost £80!

I did get a DHB ASV race jersey in size small for only £35 in a sale - but this too actually flaps around on me a bit and isn't exactly race cut (not exactly what I expected)...

Has anyone got any recommendations for jerseys which will fit someone small, like me, but won't cost silly amounts?

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

BehindTheBikesheds | 5 years ago
0 likes

I love De Marchi, wears fantastically well, I wear XXL for my 47" chest and the fit is snug without it been skinsuit tight everywhere, no flappy bits. Some of the tops can be had for about £38-£50

Pushing50 | 5 years ago
2 likes

My go to online store now is Ekoi. I love their stuff as the designs are not OTT, it is great quality at a good price and is often reduced further. Delivery is within a week but obviously you cannot try before you buy. They are very helpful with returns though. If it good enough for AG2 then I guess it is good enough for me.

zero_trooper replied to Pushing50 | 5 years ago
1 like

Pushing50 wrote:

My go to online store now is Ekoi. I love their stuff as the designs are not OTT, it is great quality at a good price and is often reduced further. Delivery is within a week but obviously you cannot try before you buy. They are very helpful with returns though. If it good enough for AG2 then I guess it is good enough for me.

They've just started a 24 hour sale - £31.69 a pop 

Beecho replied to zero_trooper | 5 years ago
0 likes

zero_trooper wrote:

Pushing50 wrote:

Damn you. Just been paid, they now have my cash. 

Pushing50 replied to zero_trooper | 5 years ago
0 likes

zero_trooper wrote:

Pushing50 wrote:

Sales go on for quite some time. The counter on the site does not really mean that much TBH. I got their Corsa Light helmet (brilliant) for less than £50, Comp11 bibs (excellent) for less than £40 and a Comp11 gilet for less than £25! The Comp11 jerseys are ace and I have two.

This is why it is now my fave online retailer. 

ChancerOnABike | 5 years ago
0 likes

The Alé ones are super snug. I'm 175cm, 67kg and the medium is super snug on me. Got mine for £35 in a sale from merlin cycles. Very happy with it

dooderooni | 5 years ago
0 likes

I'm 175cm, 64kg so probably a similar slim build to yourself. 

Have a look on Aliexpress for the Spexcel store. Their Small size stuff fits me brilliantly. The stuff I've had from them is very decent quality, if not quite as good as the high-end brand that they take their obvious, some may say blatant design cues from.

Delivery is normally a couple of weeks. 

Canyon48 replied to dooderooni | 5 years ago
0 likes

dooderooni wrote:

I'm 175cm, 64kg so probably a similar slim build to yourself. 

Have a look on Aliexpress for the Spexcel store. Their Small size stuff fits me brilliantly. The stuff I've had from them is very decent quality, if not quite as good as the high-end brand that they take their obvious, some may say blatant design cues from.

Delivery is normally a couple of weeks. 

I did think about that, particularly for £20.

Debating whether to go for the Spexcel or Decathlon jersey!

Beecho | 5 years ago
1 like

Galibier might have the answer (if you can handle their Picasso-Car-Crash designs).

Canyon48 replied to Beecho | 5 years ago
1 like

Beecho wrote:

Galibier might have the answer (if you can handle their Picasso-Car-Crash designs).

Just had a look at their jerseys, they've got a few in clearance that might do the job!

harragan wrote:

Have you tried Decathlon?  I'm a fairly standard medium and theirs comes up quite snugg.  Not sure how their prices compare at the moment but they are usually very competative and exceptional quality.

It didn't even cross my mind, given their low prices I think it'll be worth a shot.

It's frustrating as I've tried all 3 of my LBS' but none of them had anything that fitted me, even the small stuff was pretty baggy. The staff said that they tend to only stock medium, large and extra-large clothes because that's what sells... It seems that being a slightly lean weight for someone of my age/size makes me way below average size here in the UK  7

I tried a few of my girlfriend's jerseys on and they fitted me quite well 

HarryTrauts | 5 years ago
0 likes

Have you tried Decathlon?  I'm a fairly standard medium and theirs comes up quite snugg.  Not sure how their prices compare at the moment but they are usually very competative and exceptional quality.

Latest Comments