Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Frame painting/colour....

Hi all,

Recently I bought a new bike and the frame colour/size I wanted wasn't in stock for 3 months so I went all black with a view to maybe getting a few decals painted or transfers added. Does anyone have any experience of this and could they help point me in the right direction? I'm Wiltshire based so ideally would like to keep it fairly local to cut down on delivery etc.

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Canyon48 | 5 years ago
1 like

Andy at 7 Pot Customs in Bristol does a great job, check out the facebook page.

DaSy replied to Canyon48 | 5 years ago
1 like

Canyon48 wrote:

Andy at 7 Pot Customs in Bristol does a great job, check out the facebook page.

Christ! His work is fantastic, I think I need to repaint all my bikes!

Richard1982 | 5 years ago
0 likes

If it's just decals I'd have a go yourself  1 Painting doesn't need to cost a lot though, worth shopping around as the place I go is only about £150. Recently got my road bike (carbon) painted to match my track bike and that included fancy paint and some lettering.

cdean replied to Richard1982 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Richard1982 wrote:

If it's just decals I'd have a go yourself  1 Painting doesn't need to cost a lot though, worth shopping around as the place I go is only about £150. Recently got my road bike (carbon) painted to match my track bike and that included fancy paint and some lettering.

Where did you go to get all that done for £150?

Richard1982 replied to cdean | 5 years ago
0 likes

cdean wrote:

Where did you go to get all that done for £150?

Up in the North East (Darlington), at a place called 'Saragon Customs' - you'd probably have to bring the bike up. I think actually it'd be more like £200 or so as I getting a couple of bikes done at the same time.

DaSy | 5 years ago
0 likes

I can highly recommend Argos Racing Cycles in Bristol  http://argoscycles.com/resprays-refurb/

I used to send a reasonable amount of work to them and always came back with excellent results.

Drinfinity | 5 years ago
1 like

DIY? Loads of vinyl decals or waterslide transfers available. Or have your design cut as a stencil, and rattlecan spray. I’ve had good results with Spray.bike. It’s acrylic and doesn’t run, sag or pool round fittings. It also doesn’t creep under masking. 

Nick T | 5 years ago
0 likes

If it’s carbon it’ll be an expensive job, mainly because of all the prep involved - someone has to sand all the clear coat and paint off by hand before you can begin to think about how complicated/expensive your paint will be. Probably £500+ for a single colour respray. Check these guys’ price list

https://colecoatingsworkshop.com/costs

StraelGuy | 5 years ago
0 likes

What frame material is it?

Latest Comments