Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Triban 540 v Cube Attain Race Disc 2017

Hi- 

I have been eyeing up 2 bikes:

B'Twin Triban 540: £679

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-540-road-bike-grey-black-105-id_83777...

OR

Cube Attain Race Disc Road Bike 2017: £699 (-10% cycle discount)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cube-attain-race-disc-road-bike-2017/...

Which of the 2 would you pick? Anything else get an honourable mention?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Laddie-147 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Er .....cube. Made by best Taiwanese factory and assembled in Germany, b,twin made in Eastern Europe and assembled in France.

ChetManley | 6 years ago
0 likes

Hydraulic discs over 1 extra sprocket any day. Triban is on it's way out (of retail stores) to be replaced by a disc brake model.

jonahea | 6 years ago
2 likes

Thank you for your input. All votes for the Cube and its the cheaper option. Decision made!

RoubaixCube | 6 years ago
0 likes

My bad, I though the cube was carbon ... Go for the cube

Jimthebikeguy.com | 6 years ago
2 likes

This is a no brainer, in favor of the cube by some margin. Its a different league.

Boatsie | 6 years ago
0 likes

?? The cube reads as alloy build too unless it's my disillusioned thoughts beating again.
Both house fenders.

Looks like a manner of best personal fit with geometry and 22 speed rim brake vs 20 speed disc brake.
I've only riden rim brake push bikes but if I had a chance I'd like discs. I've read their excellent.

I can't see fender mounts but advertising reads fender option.. ??? Both look like great rides. I prefer the clean cables and disc brake option. Ain't clustered and top tube nice and clear. Best luck. 28mm tyres I find ample as per comfort/speed/small load carry. Unlike the bikes I tend to buy the tyres look decent. Personally with any bike I'd add £15 and use tube/tyre liners.
So scared of punctures I cut heaps of rubber straps and made really thick sandwich between tube and tyre. Never punctured yet pulled out > 100 thorns. So thick could ride without air.. Learnt that it was sorta overkill hence a Kevlar lining was a great compromise and easy as absent to bead tyre.
Best luck.

RoubaixCube | 6 years ago
0 likes

Depends what you want in a bike. For all-weather commuting id rather have the triban, the aluminum frame can also take quite a Knocking unlike carbon.  For weekends or proper rides thats when you take the nice bike out.

Some people are different, some people will ride their carbon bike in all weathers instead of leaving it for sunny days. 

Im just old fashioned like that 

Latest Comments