Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour down under

Want to put Halverson In my tdu team but he isn’t available?? 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

21 comments

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Jeez...I very nearlly did Sanchez in for Haas....really close...In fact if i was losing i definitely would have done it.

I play quite a few fantasy games for different sports but by far i prefer mini leagues of between 2-4 people for whatever sport it is. The games change enormously once you only play games that small...So for instance (as above)..i'm leading my tiny TDU league of 2 players by 100 pts...i don't need to win by any more pts than that...just make sure i don't lose...

So whilst Sanchez inwards is (imo) the best pick for today in a league as small as mine...does he matter if you are protecting a 100pts lead...Much safer to neutralise your opponents picks...

tony kappler | 6 years ago
0 likes

My choice was to replace Haas with Sanchez (I thought it would be hard to recover if affected by heat badly).

Porte has a good team, is the best GC rider and knows the hill. However the head wind up the hill will make it harder.  If I was a betting man, I would put money on Gesink; good GC, seems to be in good form and not bad sprint for a GC rider.

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Confused a bit by some of the punditry about stage 5...

Porte is the favourite by a very long way...and hence the favourite for the tour win...but...

I can't help but notice that mostly his hopes and punditry are based a bit of Dejavu....Surely all his rivals are not gonna wait until he's 1-2 km's from home again and just let him ride away.

I can see plenty of teams deciding they won't be bothering waiting for a chase to line if at all possible...I'm not sure how it pans out but i'm nearly certain they won't wait...

Any thoughts?...Sanchez on a long run to home?...Pozzo/Izzy/Izzy attack from the bottom of the climb?..could be any number of things...

0 likes

Dr Winston

On this forum, you will find no one says what they really think, but may be inclined to play mind games.

Re Haas; 2nd on this stage last year; affected by heat stage 4; hard call; probably depends number of transfers you have left.

Dr Winston replied to tony kappler | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Tony...Took him out due to the risk...I've brought in both of Pozzo and Costa as pure gameplay. I'm 100 pts up, and whilst i know both of those are less likely to win than the local lads my rival has both so it's a good play...nice and safe...because they're both actually capable of winning on the hill...

My rival doesn't have Haas btw..so he may as well be cycling on the moon in a two man mini league...

Good plan?

tony kappler wrote:

Dr Winston

On this forum, you will find no one says what they really think, but may be inclined to play mind games.

Re Haas; 2nd on this stage last year; affected by heat stage 4; hard call; probably depends number of transfers you have left.

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Back for my first full season of Fantasy cycling the roadcc way. Great game and looking forward to it..a lot...

Only playing in a little two man league job that's really just about sharing opinions and picks without being too competetive...just how i like it...

What did we make of Haas and his bad day on stage 4 ?...Will he come back from that or should i replace with a Costa or Pozzo type pick...?...any consensus?

0 likes

As far as I know, the only change is that stage 4 is starting an hour earlier.

archieboy | 6 years ago
0 likes

Has stg4 start time been changed due to extreme temperatures in Ozland ?

0 likes

For stage 3 the official TDU website shows Wynants 13th on the stage and 9th on GC. Everyone else thinks it is Gesink.  I think Gesink is correct, so that is how I've scored it. However for stage 2, I scored Wynants (as per TDU website) for 1 point. 

Can anyone shed any more light on this?

1 like

Clarke;      3 points for 2nd in KOM; 2 x 6 for winning both int sp; 8 for 3rd in GC; 4 for 2nd in KOM overall; total=27

Dlamini;     4 points for 1st in KOM; 2 x 4 for 2nd in both sprints; 6 for 5th in GC; 5 for 1st in KOM overall; 4 for 2nd in youth; total = 27

enrique replied to tony kappler | 6 years ago
0 likes

tony kappler wrote:

Clarke... Dlamini...

Thanks, Tony! Completely forgot about the GC, KOM and Youth Jerseys!  1

enrique | 6 years ago
0 likes

I don't get how Clarke and Dlamini got 27 points on Stage 1 today. I'm getting old. Could someone enlighten me in my confusion please?... Thanks!  1

0 likes

Lambrecht also removed

0 likes

I note that stages 1-5 are shown in the game as Mon 15th to Friday 19th, instead of Tues 16th to Saturday 20th.

Deadlines seem correct, and it shown correctly in /admin; any ideas on why this has happened TER?

I've removed Halvorsen.

dave atkinson replied to tony kappler | 6 years ago
0 likes

tony kappler wrote:

I note that stages 1-5 are shown in the game as Mon 15th to Friday 19th, instead of Tues 16th to Saturday 20th.

Deadlines seem correct, and it shown correctly in /admin; any ideas on why this has happened TER?

I've removed Halvorsen.

deadlines are before midnight UK time due to the time difference, that's what is causing it

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Halvorsen injured himself today so he's out...

MinardiM189 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Looks like Halvorsen won't be starting.

One rider missing is Welsford from UniSA Australia team

JohnnyRemo | 6 years ago
0 likes

He's there - don't know id he'll be starting after that big stack today, tho'...

teckert | 6 years ago
0 likes

I couldn't find him either initially, but you have to select order by 'surname' for him to show up for some reason.

TERatcliffe26 | 6 years ago
0 likes

He is still there in the game

TERatcliffe26 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Really, he was, I have/had him in mine

Latest Comments