Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bottom bracket

Hi,
I am riding a Reid condor.
I bought a cheap 2nd hand bike for my friend to get into cycling with! Bike won't clear tyres wider than 23mm so decided not to keep the frame. Components are pretty good though. 2x10 sti 105.
Will such crank fit my bicycle (Reid condor)?
Not a racer, very happy with 28 mm and so far a zero puncture memory since flipping tyres.
Nathan

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Boatsie | 6 years ago
1 like

Cheers Strael,
20000km away.
Sorta sorted.
Will be learning Lego again soon.

StraelGuy | 6 years ago
0 likes

If Boatsie's anywhere in the Liverpool / Manchester area I'll sort it for him yes.

StraelGuy | 6 years ago
0 likes

It needs different tools to remove the old BB and then install the new one so it may be cheaper taking it to your LBS to do. Unless you love collecting every tool you ever need and buy... .

Grahamd replied to StraelGuy | 6 years ago
0 likes

StraelGuy wrote:

It needs different tools to remove the old BB and then install the new one so it may be cheaper taking it to your LBS to do. Unless you love collecting every tool you ever need and buy... .

Or have a friend with a nice collection...

Boatsie | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thank you!
I'll shop for the tool/s next year!
Is the spare bike yet the others are nonserivable until the 10th of January.
Ridable yet bent crank atm.
Wishing you a happy end to the year!

StraelGuy | 6 years ago
0 likes

Just has a quick google about your bike and it just says 'sealed bearing'. Zooming in on the crank it looks like a square taper crank. Assuming your bottom bracket is 68mm, a screw-in Shimano Hollowtech 2 bottom bracket would allow you to fit your friend's crankset to your bank.

Latest Comments