Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Turkey stage 1 scoring

Info hard to find as usual.

Is there an "intermediate sprints" jersey? I can see that the stage has been scored as if there were one, but I can't see it listed anywhere. I note that the overall points classification contains both finish line and intermediate sprint points combined.

It appears that there are 4 jerseys, Turquoise (GC), red (KOM), green (sprints (points)) and a white with blue colouring, which I presumed was young rider (which is not being scored).

There is also something called the "Turkish beaty spot" sprint which I presume we are ignoring.

It also appears Prades came 9th at the finish. (source - UCI and pcs). (sorry to mention it; probably a negative affect for me).

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

tony kappler | 6 years ago
0 likes

It appears that stage 1 was scored according to the int sprints ranking and stage 2 according to the "beauties" ranking.  Int sprint points are added to the overall points classification, but "beauty points" don't appear to be.  I don't care either way, just trying to get clarification.

You may be right about the white jersey being for "beauties", cos I heard the commentator saying there was a YR comp, but no jersey.

Condor Andy | 6 years ago
0 likes

Although 'In Progress' might just mean it's a competition that's happening now.  Either way, they don't list every result.

Condor Andy | 6 years ago
0 likes

As far as I could make out from the Tour of Turkey website, there is not Youth jersey being handed out.  There are four jerseys, GC, KOM, points, and sprints.  The Tour of Turkey website itself is pretty woefull, with patchy information on a lot of stuff, but the interative stage maps were quite useful.  It's clear from these that there are two types of sprints and the white jersey is handed out for the leader of the weird 'Beauty Spot' sprints, or premium sprints.

Jack did the scoring last night as I was unavailable, and it seems like he's scored it like I've explained above.  I am now just double checking our results against the UCI website.  It seems that several sources are listing contradicting results and even the UCI still has it as 'In Progress'.

Latest Comments