Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Custom Club Kit

Hello Boys and Girls of Road.cc... 

Looking to dig the dirt on custom club kit. My club has a custom kit but many find it rather costly to purchase - We pass it on at cost, but this is still too much for some.

So, I'm looking for three simple facts from all of you lovely beings on your club jerseys:

1. Who makes your jerseys?
  2. How much did you pay for it?
  3. Would you recommend it?

...we're just talking jerseys at the moment rather than all the wonderful extras you can get. We currently have s/s Jerseys, Gilets, and Jackets for cycling and running t-shirts and singlets for those who don't understand how to ride a bicycle.

Thanks in advance!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

flyingpitman | 6 years ago
0 likes

+2 for Owayo very helpful with design,and send sample kit to see what you want.

graybags | 6 years ago
0 likes

I've been on numerous charity rides and the default choice for jerseys seems to be Owayo,no complaints from me, but no idea about cost.

Stef Marazzi | 6 years ago
0 likes

+1 for Owayo, about £40 a jersey, spent ages looking at custom kit suppliers and no-one elses quality was as good. Have had my jersey 4 years and it still looks new. Based in Germany but they are a pleasure to deal with and seem to have endless patience for any redesigns or tweaks you want to do. You can also optionally put your name on them for free.

Martyn_K | 6 years ago
0 likes

My club uses Halo Sports which is owned and managed by former GB Pro Harry Lodge. Service is good, prices are competitive for the quality and he has a large range to choose from.

We can order any quantity online at any time and there is usually a 4 week turn around depending on when you order (2 order submissions per month).

rtw | 6 years ago
0 likes

ASSOS offer custom kit.

check12 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Champion systems

big choice of stuff, lots of different jerseys, standard, aero, summer. Skin suits LS SS track road (with pockets) all the usual stuff bibs etc. 

Jerseys from £40 iirc

PhillBrown | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, boys and girls...

Interesting that no two people so far have used the same supplier nor listed the supplier we currently use (or our previous one!)! Proves there's quite a big market out there... 

mtbtomo | 6 years ago
0 likes

We use Maxgear (Bolton) who supply kit made by Tactic. £39 Inc vat and delivery to individual addresses for the standard jersey, minimum of 10 items in total.

Would highly recommend from a customer service and product quality perspective.

surly_by_name | 6 years ago
0 likes

Sportful. Bodyfit Pro Team Jersey £36.90, Bodyfit Pro Bibshort £62.50, Arm Warmer £12.10, Gloves £13.90 (these prices are incl of VAT). Same stuff as work by Trek Segafredo, Bahrain Merida. Artwork costs a further £90 in total. Min ten items. Excellent kit, great service. 

BehindTheBikesheds | 6 years ago
0 likes

I used these people back in April. http://www.thecyclejersey.com/

Full custom as we had our own design - my rugby clubs colours including club badge, turnaround after design confirmation was 2 weeks, costs were excellent too.

oh and they are made in Scotland, not some far away shore.

Lynette Cobain is the contact

Stumps | 6 years ago
0 likes

Try Owayo, its a German company but do it all online. Orders of 10 or more work out at about 40 quid each. 

allanj | 6 years ago
0 likes

we use these guys: http://wowcustom.co.uk/

Tops are £35 to £40, they helped a lot with the design.  Orders take a while but otherwise service is really good

The _Kaner | 6 years ago
0 likes

Our club (Team905) uses VERGE.

Quality seems fine for the cost bibshorts and jersey for <€130, they have various ranges.

My version is their CORE range, other members opted for different range and some are complaining abiut the wear on the shorts, but I've had no issues with mine.

http://www.vergesport.com/ir-en/products/cycling/jerseys/

dottigirl | 6 years ago
0 likes

Who's your current supplier, and how much is 'costly'?

One of my clubs uses PS. I would not recommend them. 

The other uses Castelli. If you get the right sizing, it's great. And costs less than PS, though I don't know the actual arrangements.

peted76 | 6 years ago
1 like

1) Velotec (ireland)

2) £38 there are cheaper but this is the best one we can get for £38 - have tried a number of other kit suppliers over the years

3) Easy to deal with, issues have been solved hassle free, good value for the money - YES. Not perfect by any means but for £38, yes.

You get what you pay for. Often you're paying for good service, which IMO is worth paying for (or just set a very low expectation bar). If it's cheap you want then go chinese, you can get jerseys offa china for as low as £23 which I've seen (may have changed now with the exchange rates?). You cannot please everyone, don't try to, it's seriously not worth the hassle.  I don't know how many are in your club, but kit ordering is a thankless task and even if you do get thanked, it doesn't make up for the time you'll  loose sorting it all out.

Latest Comments