Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Looking for Lake cx237, Bont Vaypor +, S-Works S6 owners

Hello to all

I have to buy a new pair of cycling shoes, unfortunately I have very wide feet and poor foot circulation, so I need wide and well-ventilated shoes with a lot of volume in toe box.

I've DMT R1 (44), but it's very very hot, the ventilation system lack's (but the heel fit it’s good) ....

Also I've Sidi Genius 5 Mega, more volume on the toe box, more ventilation, but closing system it's not the best and the upper is not very soft and aging is further hardened.

Reading here and there it seems to me that the Lake CX237, Bont Vaypor + and maybe S-Works S6 might be my case.

Unfortunately, these shoes are not in the shops in my area and I should buy them online.

Since this shoes are very expensive, before making a wrong purchase, I'd like to have your little help.

Is there any owner of these shoes, size 44.5 wide or similar?

I would like to ask them a courtesy, could you make the shape of the insole?

With some reference to the measurements in inch or cm? (See example).

I would be useful to understand if the shoes in question can fit my feet.

I would also appreciate a few comments on ventilation / breathability and space in the toe box and any problems encountered with these shoes.

Many thanks in advance.

PS: In the attached image you can see the shape of the DMT R1 insole (size 44), which are a bit narrow at metatarsus and very narrow and poor volume in the toe box.

http://imgur.com/PsbRhrU

http://imgur.com/HQzTSbj

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Rone69 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Finally I got the Lake CX332, some small events, including a change of size, have delayed the arrival, but it seems to be worth it.
I chose the Extra Wide 45, the 44.5it's a little bit short, these shoes have a very wide, the widest I've ever tried and they have a lot of volume at the toe box,  toes remain comfortable and there is enough space to move enough the toes.
The materials and the workmanship seem to be excellent, the last series produced assembles the Boa Ip1 instead of L6: mrgreen :.
For now I have done a roller training and a 3-hour output and the sensations are good, during the indoor session I had no problem or warming foot.
As far as ventilation is concerned, I would like to comment on next summer.
for now I have not felt the need to model the heel counter, it is well fitted even so.
The sole have less arc supporto than DMT R1 and is less shaped than the one of the DMT R1 that I used lately, this allowed me to insert a thermoformed insole, perhaps also thanks to this I had the feeling of having less tensions in the legs and to pedal better.

I take this opportunity to thank the staff of Lake Cycling in particular Mr. Bob Mass for his professionalism and availability.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180205/578ed9fa26ca2d0f388ab3b2acaf4207.jpg)
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180205/48767f6d7ecea3c0fd6d69854531be3e.jpg)
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180205/8fd4360e5b015e04acfbdcae30fceb15.jpg)
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180205/3601e250fe26530b25a4bc5ec8858ebc.jpg)
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180205/c32bf7bb27649ce99d948ee9fe34e0a9.jpg)

Rone69 | 6 years ago
0 likes

I'm in trouble ... Lake CX332 or Bont Vaypor+  ....
Which is the best ventilated?

I'm afraid that Shimano has the toe box with poor volume for my feet.

Mat Brett | 6 years ago
0 likes

You might have already seen this, but if not... http://road.cc/content/feature/223770-where-can-i-find-wide-cycling-shoes

Rone69 replied to Mat Brett | 6 years ago
0 likes

Mat Brett wrote:

You might have already seen this, but if not... http://road.cc/content/feature/223770-where-can-i-find-wide-cycling-shoes

Thanks for the advice, I have already read this thread

part_robot | 6 years ago
0 likes

I have very wide feet. I've owned CX237 wide, Bont Vaypor+ wide and Shimano something-or-other and tried Sidi Mega, other Shimanos, Northwave, Bontrager, Mavic, etc etc. For me the CX237s are more comfy, wider, more breathable, look great, fit better than any others. Plus Lake have better customer service too (tip: buy direct). Hope that helps.

Eg3ftp1 | 6 years ago
0 likes

The vaypors were 44.5 wide I think, and the s6 were for 45 as I couldn't find a wide fit version. The rc7 I have now are 44. All similar for breathability, although the Shimano are a bit heavier I haven't noticed it. The problem I found with the vaypors was they put your foot so flat to the pedal due to the minimal sole I needed cleat wedges to prevent knee pain, and also after moulding the cleat alignment guides shift, so getting your foot positioned correctly on the pedal is very tricky.

Rone69 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thank you for the reply.

Have you owned Shimano RC7, Specialized S-Works S6, Bont Vaypor S? The same size for all shoes? All wide?

Of this shoes, what's the best ventilated/breathable?

Within a few weeks Lake will add the CX332 Extra Wide to the catalog, basically the Extra Wide CX332 will have the same width and volume as the CX237 Wide .... it's too much interesting.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Eg3ftp1 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Consider the Shimano rc-7 wide fit too. They're the best shoes I've found for my wide feet, after having bont vaypors and specialized s6, which were ok but not quite wide enough. Not too expensive, look great and if you get them from wiggle you can send them back for free after trying them on.

Latest Comments