Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New Garmin 1000 release date

Hi

any idea when replacement for Garmin 1000 is due I am holding out for this! Any ideas

regards

Stevie

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

steviewevie | 6 years ago
0 likes

Quite tempted by the Hammerhead Karoo, myself.

part_robot replied to steviewevie | 6 years ago
1 like

steviewevie wrote:

Quite tempted by the Hammerhead Karoo, myself.

I was. But as an app developer I get a lot of bad vibes from the fact they are using an Indian outsourcing team and particular areas that don't look polished in the screenshots on their site. I wouldn't pre-order; wait for the reviews.

BarryBianchi | 6 years ago
0 likes

I think I'm going to stick with 800 and check out of Garmin.  The kit's all going Apple - more glitchy, less intuative, and getting more and more silly on price for a whole bunch of stuff that's just fripary and nonsense and adds nothing to core utility.

DoctorFish | 6 years ago
0 likes

I was going to say don't buy a Garmin, buy a Wahoo, but most of the above posts already say that already.

part_robot | 6 years ago
1 like

Slightly off topic: Only issue with the Bolt that I can see is you currently can't make routes without an internet connection.

I also am unlikely to get a Garmin again unless they sack all their developers or start adding some proper quality control.

CXR94Di2 | 6 years ago
0 likes

I have a Garmin and a Wahoo Elemnt. The functionality of the Wahoo is so easy to use even when on the fly compared to the Garmin. The display is very easy to read with a less cluttered approach. Creating routes is very simple to get onto the Wahoo from several easy to use websites, strava being one.

keirik | 6 years ago
1 like

not sure why you think it looks cheap and nasty.

Yes it isn't colour, but works well and can be seen clearly in bright sunlight.

Does everything I need.

wknight | 6 years ago
1 like

I have an edge 1000 and just got the Bolt. Whilst the Bolt has some nice features what's let's it down is the screen when using the maps. The garmin is sharp and clear, the bolt, to put it bluntly looks cheap and nasty. I wouldn't wait for the new 1000, get a good deal on one now 

StraelGuy | 6 years ago
2 likes

I honestly would never touch a high end Garmin again. Have you looked at Wahoo? I've just bought a Bolt and it's been flawless.

davel replied to StraelGuy | 6 years ago
0 likes
guyrwood wrote:

I honestly would never touch a high end Garmin again. Have you looked at Wahoo? I've just bought a Bolt and it's been flawless.

The fenix 5X is. Fucking. Awesome.

BarryBianchi replied to davel | 6 years ago
0 likes

davel wrote:
guyrwood wrote:

The fenix 5X is. Fucking. Awesome.

And such a snip.

Latest Comments