Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

CycleOps Fluid 2 or CycleOps Jet Fluid Pro?

I'm afraid that this old cycletourist has had to bow the the inevitable and think about a turbo. 

I know there are plenty of other options out there but I've narrowed my selection down to these two. 

Both turbo trainers are available as 'winter kit' options.  I'm not sure I need the training mat - I intend to use the turbo in my garage which is not connected to the house - so although both turbos are available as winter kits they are both available without all the extras at just about the same price.  In winter kit option the Jet Fluid Pro is about thirty quid dearer.  

Do I get the Jet Fluid Pro and add on a riser block and thong thingy, but skip the training mat?  That would be twenty quid cheaper than the Fluid 2 winter kit at current prices.

If anyone has any experience of either or both of these models I would appreciate any advice on why I should get one rather than the other. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Woldsman | 6 years ago
1 like

Thank you very much, Anthony.C.  It's looking like I'll go for the Fluid 2 winter kit option. 

Anthony.C | 6 years ago
0 likes

The difference between them is the resistance curve, the Pro has a steeper curve so is probably better for the more powerful cyclist. I recently got the Fluid 2 from Halfords with their mat and riser block for 180 quid in total, 162 on its own with the BC discount. You will need a big fan too.

Latest Comments