Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rose deliveries

Has anyone got any good or bad experiences with ordering parts from Rose?

I'm not looking at buying a bike but they have some great prices on some components. Almost too good and you know what they say about that! 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

Redvee | 6 years ago
1 like

Another positive responder here. I've used them for spokes as they had the sizes I needed available in the quantities needed, DHL collected the parcel from them and Royal Mail delivered it to me. Only had one issue when they sent an order out short and I didn't check the spokes till I was lacing the wheel but I dropped them an email and the balance of the order arrived a few days later. Deliveries do take a day or two longer than other places I buy from but that's cause of the international posting and no free postage I've found on my orders.

fullers1979 | 6 years ago
1 like

Well I ordered from Rose and they have delivered! In every sense! Very quick, well packaged and trackable the whole way. Quicker than Chain Reaction have been and they aren't slow! Will definitely be ordering from them again. The only downside I would say is that due to the exchange rate I've paid a little more than estimated. I'm guessing their website has a set exchange rate which on reality changes each day. 

chickpea | 6 years ago
0 likes

I got an X-lite Team two seasons back.  It was a long wait (11 weeks) which I was only aware of once I'd ordered, but I don't regret it.  Fantastic bike, and back then with a strong pound, stonking value.

ktache | 7 years ago
0 likes

I liked Mantel.

The others often pop up when searching for the rarer, older components I need.  Some of the P+P charges seem a bit steep, or have a higher spend requirement for free P+P.  Would happily use them.  Going to get more difficult in the future, probably.

Vejnemojnen | 7 years ago
0 likes

dont like them personally.

bike-discount or bike-components is better, as well as mantel.com  1

https://www.mantel.com/uk

drosco | 7 years ago
0 likes

I've got parts from Rose. Brilliant, even chucked in a free bag.

youngoldbloke | 7 years ago
0 likes

Another happy Rose customer here. Often cheaper (I also use bike-discount and Bike 24) even allowing for carriage charges. Have a Rose bike, and have also ordered various parts, wheels, etc. No problem. Delivery often quicker than UK suppliers

dottigirl replied to youngoldbloke | 7 years ago
0 likes

youngoldbloke wrote:

Another happy Rose customer here. Often cheaper (I also use bike-discount and Bike 24) even allowing for carriage charges. Have a Rose bike, and have also ordered various parts, wheels, etc. No problem. Delivery often quicker than UK suppliers

I used bike-discount for the first time this past week. Very impressed. They had a lot of small bits that I struggled to find elsewhere, excellent selection and really good prices. A very functional website too. Ordered on the 13th, arrived yesterday, and everything looks to be as promised.

StraelGuy | 7 years ago
0 likes

I spotted bike-discount.de myself a few days ago searching for 105 chain rings. A lot of their prices are amazing and they do a lot of spares for Shimano stuff that nobody sells over here.

fullers1979 | 7 years ago
1 like

Thanks for all your help! Yeah I know how big Rose are but couldn't remember if someone had mentioned delivery issues similar to Canyon. Clearly not! Phew that's made the bike build quite a bit cheaper!

HarryTrauts | 7 years ago
1 like

I've purchased a bike and parts from Rose and they are brilliant.  No problems at all.  As previously said, they are a big company on the continent and have a very good reputation.

hawkinspeter | 7 years ago
1 like

I got some NorthWave shoes from them (only supplier that had them in lurid yellow/green) a couple of years ago and they arrived promptly. I ended up sending them back and ordering a larger pair twice before getting the right size. They seem to be a very professional company.

Man of Lard | 7 years ago
2 likes

Ordered a hatful of parts about 3 weeks ago. All delivered perfectly (by UPS) within 2 days.

MrMajic | 7 years ago
1 like

I bought a Team DX cross bike for commuting last year. Loved being able to customise it so much, great  value. I'd recommend them. The UK rep is helpful.  I had a couple of read mud guards split, Rose just sent a new one with absolutely no hassle. 

sergius | 7 years ago
2 likes

I've a Rose bike, I had a (communicated) wait for the bike to be built, delivery was exactly as expected - using a proper courier with tracking etc so I knew what day it would come.

Not a large sample, but I've had no problems with my one order.  

FYI they are a fairly large company in Germany; like Canyon they make and sell their own bikes, but they also do online retail as well similarly to Wiggle.

GBurch | 7 years ago
0 likes

Never heard of them.

Might have to check them out.

Are they cheap enough that it would be worth the risk? Or is it just a bit cheaper than other sites?

Latest Comments