Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

turbo trainer advice

Evening all,had op on dislocated collarbone on 10th Jan hope to get on turbo this week,been advised may have to turbo only for a couple of months.Looking to keep the boredom at bay,so looking at Bkool or Zwift ?any one got any thoughts as to preference please.All relies appreciated.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Simontuck | 7 years ago
0 likes

You completely missed the Sufferfest app. It's not as adaptable, you can't really do your own thing on it, but as far as training plans go it's in the ballpark. Same subscription fee as Zwift.

CXR94Di2 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Both bkool and zwift have plus points.

Bkool has endless routes most are 3D, some with recorded video and other 2D only, but there is something to test and entertain you. If you're recovering then it won't matter, but you need to have a bkool trainer to compete against others as they offer a slight advantage over other trainers.

Zwift has slick graphics and user interface but only a few routes, but allows competition between different trainer models creating a level playing field .

Both zwift and bkool cost around £7/month, have free trials.

I have used both and like each for the merits. I mainly use bkool and trainer road for my subscription.

rjfrussell | 7 years ago
1 like

netflix.

tritecommentbot | 7 years ago
0 likes

+ Zwift got the volcano map (crit?) this morning. 

Who doesn't like volcanos.

Yorkshire wallet | 7 years ago
0 likes

I had both until recently but I've dropped Bkool now. Although Zwift has a disappointing lack of courses, the competitive element on Zwift seems to keep me going at it. You can usually find someone about your level that you can go back and forth with fairly quickly as there's so many people online. It's a just a bit more of an easy going feel to it somehow, if that's the best way to explain it, as I don't feel bothered if just dawdle about some nights either. I always felt the Bkool was the more 'serious' software for doing test runs off GPX routes and stuff.

Anthony.C | 7 years ago
0 likes

They both have free trials so give them a try. You could also try the many videos on youtube like the GCN training ones or the CTXC ones which put you in a chain gang.

Latest Comments