Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Mallorca. Stuart Hall or on me own? any advice

Hi All

Managed to get a week off in 1st week in April and thought I would try and get to Mallorca. I will be on my own. I have no problem with riding by myself but having had a quick look the Stuart Hall package for about £500 for half board and rides looks like a good deal. 

Anyone had any experience with Stuart Hall cycling?

Any recommendations on going by yourself?

Thanks in advance

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

cksky | 7 years ago
1 like

I was in your situation when I went to Mallorca for the first time last year  on my own. I decided to use a cycling camp mainly for some company and because I did not know the area or routes. After some research I chose to use Stuarthall training camp because they offered good value for money. There was one group lead by 4-6 Stuarthall employees, although Stuart Hall was not there himself. 

I would say the pros are:

Good value for money, Guided routes up to 100 miles, Company both on the rides and in the hotel, being able to draft and rest behind other riders when tired, good value bike hire, help with mechanicals if required and because Mallorca is a fantastic place to ride.

The only cons where:

I did find them a little too critical at times, which sometimes spoilt the experience. I got the impression that they would prefer to receive out of season racers as opposed to enthusiastic club riders.

I have been back to Mallorca with my son twice since then. Because I know the area better we just rode on our own. However if I was going back on my own I would try Stuarthall again.

peted76 | 7 years ago
2 likes

I did the Marmotte with Stuart Hall - this year. Disclosure, the only time I've ever done a 'guided' holiday - so limited experience.

Stuarts a lovely weathered Brummie chap, very laid back, he's been there before and has the t-shirt. It's a lifestyle business for him and his family. 

There'll be a mechanic and some helpers to make sure your holiday works. You'll have some ready made cycling chums and there'll be guided rides for every ability going on every day. 

However I think the 'key' to all of these guided holidays is simply the local knowledge.. and that's the key difference IMO. 

I was trying to think of pro's and con's for this post, but couldn't come up with any cons. I'd book with Stuart Hall on a camp/ride etc again - recommended! 

snappyandrew replied to peted76 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Interesting.  Thanks 

peted76 wrote:

I did the Marmotte with Stuart Hall - this year. Disclosure, the only time I've ever done a 'guided' holiday - so limited experience.

Stuarts a lovely weathered Brummie chap, very laid back, he's been there before and has the t-shirt. It's a lifestyle business for him and his family. 

There'll be a mechanic and some helpers to make sure your holiday works. You'll have some ready made cycling chums and there'll be guided rides for every ability going on every day. 

However I think the 'key' to all of these guided holidays is simply the local knowledge.. and that's the key difference IMO. 

I was trying to think of pro's and con's for this post, but couldn't come up with any cons. I'd book with Stuart Hall on a camp/ride etc again - recommended! 

graybags | 7 years ago
3 likes

I'm sure it'll be a knockout..............sorry, couldn't resist  1

jollygoodvelo replied to graybags | 7 years ago
0 likes

graybags wrote:

I'm sure it'll be a knockout..............sorry, couldn't resist  1

There's always one joker.   3

Latest Comments