Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Ultegra 6800 to Sram etap GXP Chainset

Hi,

Could anybody help me out here? I own a BMC TM02 (2014) and am struggling to fit the new chainset due to spacing.

I think the old BB30 Out BB will be fine, but I need spacers, especially on the drive side as it knocks the frame and Mech without.

Can anyone help? Either by telling me what BB I need (tried what my LBS told me with no luck) or by giving me a link to spacers that would do the job.

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

pablo | 7 years ago
0 likes

My quarq which is basically SRAM requires a drive side spacer which was provided in the box. Well worth checking the crankset manual they are very good and available from the SRAM website.  You can run the 6800 if you just want to get out. 

Sweeneyluke | 7 years ago
0 likes

Appreciate the feedback. Shall make the purchase and hope it fits as needed

VeloUSA | 7 years ago
0 likes

The difference between Shimano and SRAM is spindle size; Shimano is 24mm while SRAM is 22mm. I am unsure about adpater cup width but would assume there are different too. That's where Praxis takes the guess work out of the equation.

Sweeneyluke | 7 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the reply. I will give that bb a try.
Are the drive lines very different between the ultegra and gxp? I tried using same bb just to line up and when pushing drive side in fully, the small ring was against the frame
Never really played around with bb/chainset before

VeloUSA | 7 years ago
0 likes

Since the TM02 has a BB30 bottom bracket, you have two choices.

First, is to change your BB to a Praxis Works BB http://www.praxiscycles.com/conversion-bb/

Second, would be to use 22/24 adapter cups such as Wheel Manufacturing 

http://wheelsmfg.com/bb-pf30-universal-adapter-for-22-24mm-spindle-crank...

Latest Comments