Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Selling bike

Hello All,

I have already asked this in another forum, but thought I'd ask here too and get some more opinions/advice.

I have too road bikes, but now I can only keep one. I am not really sure about each one to keep based on their differences:

1) Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Veloce - 2012 Celeste - Alu Carbon Weighing 9.8Kg
This one is a newer and flashier bike, although it has a more relaxed riding feeling, the kind of geometry that sort of sets you back when encountering a hill.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44405407/Bianchi.jpg

2) Trek Madone SL 5.2 Ultrega - 2007 Discovery Bue - Full Carbon Weighing 8.3Kg
This one does not look as nice(imo) and it's an older bike, but it rides beautifully. It's really responsive and it just keeps you going- even uphill.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44405407/Trek.jpg

My concern is weather to keep a newer (prettier  imo) bike (Bianchi) which I think can sort of retain is value for a bit longer, or to keep an older bike (Trek) because I think it rides better at the cost of even more depreciation- although very nice, soon it will be like riding a vintage bike.

Thank you for your comments. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

matthewn5 | 7 years ago
1 like

Much as I like Bianchis I have to admit that Trek is almost a classic already!

Isn't that the Armstrong USPS model? (though obviously a different colour scheme).

The Bianchi has a good frame but the finishing kit is all very cheap. Worth upgrading the groupset if that's the way you decide to go.

paragon replied to matthewn5 | 7 years ago
0 likes

matthewn5 wrote:

Much as I like Bianchis I have to admit that Trek is almost a classic already!

Isn't that the Armstrong USPS model?

thats the one.  

drosco | 7 years ago
1 like

New group on the Trek. Sorted.

peted76 | 7 years ago
0 likes

If you act crazy and DON'T decide to sell both bikes and get a new one.... then Superpython nailed it.

Forget the Bianchi, it's a dog in celeste clothing. 

paragon replied to peted76 | 7 years ago
0 likes

peted76 wrote:

If you act crazy and DON'T decide to sell both bikes and get a new one.... then Superpython nailed it.

Forget the Bianchi, it's a dog in celeste clothing. 

Unfortunatelly, that's not an option for now. Thanks for your comment.

Griff500 | 7 years ago
1 like

As an Addict owner, I could easily agree with Peted as I love mine, however back to your question. Both your bikes have already taken the big hit on depreciation. In the future, with the industry telling us that without disc brakes, electric gears and whatever they dream up next we are Luddites, therefore more and more nearly new bikes hitting eBay, it is futile to worry about future depreciation. Life is just too short. Which bike makes you feel good when you ride it, because that is what cycling should be about.

peted76 | 7 years ago
1 like

Sell both and get a stupid deal on a Scott Addict - http://www.wheelies.co.uk/p73146/Scott-Addict-30-2015-Road-Bike.aspx?awc...

Latest Comments