Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro

TER, does the Italian Only comp, count towards the FS leagues?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

19 comments

enrique | 7 years ago
0 likes

What a beautiful thing this Giro!  1 I missed half of it live, but I read the race reports and watched the highlight videos for the three weeks.  1 I'm tempted to do my 'Best Purist Team' exercise, :), but I'm short on time  2 Loved it! Beautiful competition!   1 Thanks to Dave and TER!  1 And Gkam...  1

MinardiM189 | 7 years ago
0 likes

How are intermediate sprint points being allocated in the Giro ?

CheetahPonyBot | 7 years ago
1 like

Thanks for putting him back in. <3

enrique replied to CheetahPonyBot | 7 years ago
0 likes

CheetahPonyBot wrote:

Thanks for putting him back in... 

Great ride by the man today! Good job of picking him! How do you know him?  1

CheetahPonyBot replied to enrique | 7 years ago
2 likes

enrique wrote:

CheetahPonyBot wrote:

Thanks for putting him back in... 

Great ride by the man today! Good job of picking him! How do you know him?  1

I'm Slovenian, small country, easy to keep track of teams / riders and get info that'd get lost on bigger scenes. Half of my family also comes from the home city of Adria Mobil, the team that discovered him, so, being a big fan, I followed his career closely from the start. Apparently his numbers were really good even when he was still an amateur. Former ski-jumper, very light with lots of power. He was destroying amateur races before he got picked up.

I went with safe picks for my Standard team, but I put him in my Purist because there are several stages I figured he could do good on, including the mountain TT. His performance today surprised me too though. I figured a top 20 on a windless day was possible, maybe top 10 since he said in a recent interview he feels really strong and since he's riding for a Dutch team, so he gets solid TT training. But then, with Fabian being ill and a couple of the big guys dropping their bikes on that corner... well, it turned out amazing. 

If he gets through the early flat stages without crashes, he could do good in week 2. Not sure about week 3 since he's never done a race this long before.

CheetahPonyBot | 7 years ago
1 like

Why was Roglic removed from Giro lineup?

He is confirmed by the team: http://www.teamlottojumbo.com/cycling-news/team-lottonljumbo-ready-for-g...

I can't find any news saying that he was removed.

0 likes

CheetahPonyBot wrote:

Why was Roglic removed from Giro lineup?... I can't find any news saying that he was removed. 

Hmmm...  I'm looking at http://www.giroditalia.it/eng/squadra/lotto-soudal/ and he doesn't appear there... 

CheetahPonyBot replied to enrique | 7 years ago
0 likes

enrique wrote:

CheetahPonyBot wrote:

Why was Roglic removed from Giro lineup?... I can't find any news saying that he was removed. 

Hmmm...  I'm looking at http://www.giroditalia.it/eng/squadra/lotto-soudal/ and he doesn't appear there... 

I'm not surprised you can't see him at all.

You're looking at Lotto-Soudal.

He rides for Lotto NL-Jumbo. And he does appear there. Link: http://www.giroditalia.it/eng/squadra/team-lotto-nl-jumbo/

0 likes

CheetahPonyBot wrote:

... I'm not surprised you can't see him at all....  You're looking at Lotto-Soudal. He rides for Lotto NL-Jumbo. And he does appear there...

Oops!  

fxceltic | 7 years ago
0 likes

Re Italians only team, the budget looks too high to me, loads of people will have extremely similar teams, I think

Can it be lowered?

Stumps | 7 years ago
1 like

Cool thanks

TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
1 like

Its sprints as normal

Aragonite | 7 years ago
1 like

Intermediate sprints at 135k, and 146.8k on Stage2.

STEVESPRO 79 | 7 years ago
1 like

Personally I would leave it out, but not fussed either way....looking at the choices I think there are going to be many very similar teams anyway....

Joelsim | 7 years ago
1 like

Are there no intermediate sprint points for the Giro?

Stumps replied to Joelsim | 7 years ago
1 like
Joelsim wrote:

Can someone answer this ? I can't find anything either way and my purist team might need changing

Moist von Lipwig replied to Stumps | 7 years ago
0 likes

AWPeleton wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

Can someone answer this ? I can't find anything either way and my purist team might need changing

yes, clearing up this scoring issue could be quite fundamental to team selection before the off!

TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
1 like

I wasn't going to include it, unless you guys want it to be included.

(oh and there will be a big points update on Monday, Classics, Trentino and the current races)

Aragonite replied to TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
1 like

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I wasn't going to include it, unless you guys want it to be included.

(oh and there will be a big points update on Monday, Classics, Trentino and the current races)

I agree with you, leave it out. But if anyone is really keen on these one nationality comps being included, I'm not that bothered. Just wanted clarification really.

Latest Comments