Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Oman

The standard comp is listed as 15 transfers. I'm guessing that this is incorrect? How many?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

22 comments

cgipryan | 8 years ago
1 like

Damn, had two transfers left and missed the deadline for the last stageno

Condor Andy | 8 years ago
1 like

1,2,5,10,11,16 for me....and now I'm out of transfers 

Stumps | 8 years ago
1 like

Not bad, 1.2.4.7 from the top 10, just waiting to see the 11-20 places. It might move me up a couple of places.

Yo | 8 years ago
1 like

So I missed the first stage of Oman Tour too ... but then it meant I had a good idea who the front runners were when setting up my team for stage 2.  I wonder if this is a tactic that could be employed?  ie. weigh up the loss of stage 1 points in favour of a better crack at stage 2.  Obviously stage profiles would need to be considered, but is it possible to start your team on stage 2 of any tour, if you so wish?

Mike.Franchetti | 8 years ago
1 like

Took a risk making no transfers and kept my so-so looking team.

Paid off with EBH + GVA, now got a full set of transfers to fix up the rest of my strugglers...

ErinForks replied to Mike.Franchetti | 8 years ago
2 likes

did the same and paid off nicely  1 

now the question is... Brambilla or Dumoulin tomorrow? I can't only have one...  Heart wants "The real Tom D" to show up again like in the Vuelta... too much to ask I think ? 

Mike.Franchetti wrote:

Paid off with EBH + GVA, now got a full set of transfers to fix up the rest of my strugglers...

Mike.Franchetti replied to ErinForks | 8 years ago
1 like

ErinForks wrote:

did the same and paid off nicely  1 

now the question is... Brambilla or Dumoulin tomorrow? I can't only have one...  Heart wants "The real Tom D" to show up again like in the Vuelta... too much to ask I think ? 

Mike.Franchetti wrote:

Fourth for Tom D - looks like he did show up!

My team today revolved around Nibali-Bardet-Pozzovivo-Costa so I think I did okay.

Made a few stupid transfers though. I'd forgotten about Sunday's sprint and am down to 2...

Hairingtons | 8 years ago
0 likes

Aaarrrgh. Swapped out EBH. Obviously he wins. no

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
2 likes

Everywhere I looked had said the 17th, and then all of a sudden I noticed it said the 16th on procycling stats, so looked up on the official site and it said 16th

Dave is away and I didnt know how to send out an email,so was hoping people would catch it with it being a few days before still, would have had even bigger problems had I not spotted it at all

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Everywhere I looked had said the 17th, and then all of a sudden I noticed it said the 16th on procycling stats...

The best site on Earth...  1

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Dave is away and I didnt know how to send out an email...

You did the best you could. Thanks! Anyways, about the only thing you could probably have done differently is open a new thread boldly titled "Urgent! Take Notice! Tour of Oman starts on the 16th. Put your team in now!"

andynic replied to TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
1 like

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Everywhere I looked had said the 17th, and then all of a sudden I noticed it said the 16th on procycling stats, so looked up on the official site and it said 16th

Dave is away and I didnt know how to send out an email,so was hoping people would catch it with it being a few days before still, would have had even bigger problems had I not spotted it at all

Don't worry - I probably should have checked again, but had it in my head that I didn't have to do anything till Tuesday night. I don't suppose it's possible to open up the Purist so I can put a team in? I'm guessing not.

Anyway thanks for all the work running the game - still great value!

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
1 like

When did the dashboard say this? I changed the dates at the weekend, as they were wrong, in fact alot of websites changed there dates at the weekend. Cyclingnews preview on monday spoke of the days tuesday through sunday, despite its dates being 17th-22nd

Sniffer replied to TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
1 like

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

When did the dashboard say this? I changed the dates at the weekend, as they were wrong, in fact alot of websites changed there dates at the weekend. Cyclingnews preview on monday spoke of the days tuesday through sunday, despite its dates being 17th-22nd

Probably last looked at it at the weekend.  Look it is annoying, but the world won't end.  I have a bad habit of leaving it all to the night before as at that point you have the best startlists and I feel it is most time efficient.

For my £10 investment I get plenty of entertainment.  Just kicking myself as I will drop down the leagues etc. (which is just pride anyway).

andynic | 8 years ago
2 likes

I was going by the dashboard which said it starts tomorrow. Annoying! Completely missed the Purist now.

Sniffer replied to andynic | 8 years ago
1 like

andynic wrote:

I was going by the dashboard which said it starts tomorrow. Annoying! Completely missed the Purist now.

That was the same reason I have missed it.

cgipryan replied to Sniffer | 8 years ago
2 likes

Sniffer wrote:

andynic wrote:

That was the same reason I have missed it.

Half missed it too for the same reason. I put in my purist team a few days ago and, just for safety, I copied that team into my standard, thinking I would modify it the night before the start ... I guess I'll have to modify it for stage 2 then  1

backflipbedlem | 8 years ago
1 like

Porte dropped 3.24, guess he's not going for GC then.

Mike.Franchetti | 8 years ago
1 like

Cheered his win right up till the moment I remembered I swapped him out for Nathan Haas.

Costa, Martin, GVA, EBH will carry me to mid-table mediocrity I suspect.

Good looking stage tommorow

Sniffer | 8 years ago
1 like

Shit, I thought this started tomorrow.

Condor Andy | 8 years ago
2 likes

Interesting stage today! I was wondering what Jungels was capable of, great win (didn't have him in my team though).

3,5,6,7,10,11,16 for me.

Aragonite | 8 years ago
1 like

Thanks.

dave atkinson | 8 years ago
2 likes

eek!

Latest Comments