Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

GPS recommendation

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

DaveE128 | 8 years ago
0 likes

The battery life on my Garmin Edge 800 isn't great if I am using the map to navigate. It died before the end of a 200km ride.  2 If you keep off the map screen except when you need it, and have the backlight settings on something sensible, it can last a pretty long time though. You can get the same kind of battery life off a mobile phone with an extended battery life with the screen off.

hucko003 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Garmin any day, no brand matches them. If you don't need maps, go for a 520 or save money by getting a 500 or 510 

Jharrison5 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Your smart phone? It can do all the same stuff as an expensive Garmin. And you already own it.

ososxe replied to Jharrison5 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Jharrison5 wrote:

Your smart phone? It can do all the same stuff as an expensive Garmin. And you already own it.

That's true, but as I said, the GPS on mine is not working.

wycombewheeler replied to Jharrison5 | 8 years ago
1 like

Jharrison5 wrote:

except the battery won't last for 100 mile rides if using it to navigate, also phones are not as waterproof as garmin, and if the garmin battery dies you still have a phone for back up/emergency calls, whereas once the phone battery is gone you'd better know where you are going and not need picking up.

Latest Comments