Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fizik saddles on ebay - is this legit?

Hi,

Looking to replace my saddle with a Fizik one and I found this on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fizik-Arione-CX-K-ium-Wing-Flex-Road-Bike-Bicy...

My only concern is that at that price, it may be a fake... What are your thoughts?

Ben

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Anthony.C | 8 years ago
0 likes

That's not even a good price for OEM manganese rail ones, they look and feel very cheaply made compared to the kium rail version which are made in Italy.

tomstrak | 8 years ago
0 likes

If they're manganese rails then they're probably legit Fizik because they only do those saddles as OEM to be specked on new bikes, so they could buy them very cheap and in bulk, but they'd look really good value because Fizik only sell higher quality K:Ium rails and up to the retail market.

matthewn5 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Always read the feedback. Previous purchasers say 'fake':

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=trendyc...

nortonpdj | 8 years ago
0 likes

If you have to ask the question I think you already know the answer.
You would like to believe it's the genuine article, but remember : if it's too good to be true, it's not true.

keef66 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I suspect they are Chinese knock-offs. They are extremely good at copying the genuine article and passing them off as real, but the quality of the materials is likely to be lower. If you still think they sound like a bargain knowing that, then go ahead. What could possibly go wrong??

trailflow | 8 years ago
0 likes

I think they are genuine myself. I think a Chinese dealer may have bought a large quantity of old stock.

They are also currently being sold on Aliexpress.com for around £30 delivered.

Most likely coming from the same source.

They are not Kium rails though. They use manganese rails. If you look in the description.

Still worth a punt I'd say.

Jeroen0110 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Posted from China, Hong Kong etc = genuine replica my friend.

Get on to wiggle, sella Italia for £20 job done. Or chain reaction, take your pick...

stefanitely | 8 years ago
0 likes

Sorry wrong thread  26

stefanitely | 8 years ago
0 likes

I really don't think its appropriate to bring John Cleese into this.

Latest Comments