Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Synthe height adjustment??

Apologies if it's obvious but how do you adjust the height of the Roc Loc Air system in the Synthe? Do you pull out or slide the bit that joins into the top of the shell?

I don't want to try it and risk damaging it. Really thought there would be some instructions or video on Giro's website but I can't spot anything.

Thanks in advance.

As an aside, it doesn't seem to be playing nicely with some Oakley Radar EVs as the arms are pretty long and the helmet sits very low on my head so they clash with the retention system (might not be the case if I reduce the height....). Anyone had the same issue?

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

londoncommute | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the comments.

Sorry, I should have updated this.

You're quite right the strap just slides up or down between several preset stops (I was unsure whether it slid or pulled out and popped back in again and didn't want to experiment!). It seems it works in exactly the same way as my Monza does which I've had for years and stupidly never noticed could be adjusted.

Now just to decide whether to keep the Synthe or Protone....

keef66 | 8 years ago
0 likes

No experience with the Synthe, but I have just bought a 2013 Giro Aeon in the Edinburgh Cycle Coop sale. It has the Roc Loc dial for adjusting circumference. Height seems to be adjustable by a small amount by sliding the point where the plastic harness joins the inside of the helmet at the back into one of 3 positions. Doing what 2WI suggests will likely achieve the same thing.

The Giro Atmos it replaced was very similar, but I didn't realise it had height adjustment till I'd been using it for 3 years. Then I found the 2 sides had been on different height settings  40

2 Wheeled Idiot | 8 years ago
0 likes

The windy bit at the back, pull it downwards whilst wearing it.

Latest Comments