Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Yodel

Riding home this evening, after a very close shave with a 4x4 nearly hammering in to me, I became aware of a lorry waiting to overtake. It waited and then passed me with plenty of room. As it drew alongside, I saw it was a Yodel lorry (sponsors of the Tour of Britain sprints) with a big graphic saying how they love cyclists.

They actually practice what they preach and for that I'm truly grateful.

That's all.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

kwi | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yodel
Mr Neil Lloyd Chief Executive
2nd Floor Atlantic Pavilion, Albert Dock, Liverpool, L3 4AE

Email neil.lloyd [at] yodel.co.uk
Telephone 01707 287609

I think a nice (real) letter that can be passed onto the driver would actually be the best way to go.

HarryTrauts replied to kwi | 9 years ago
0 likes
kwi wrote:

Yodel
Mr Neil Lloyd Chief Executive
2nd Floor Atlantic Pavilion, Albert Dock, Liverpool, L3 4AE

Email neil.lloyd [at] yodel.co.uk
Telephone 01707 287609

I think a nice (real) letter that can be passed onto the driver would actually be the best way to go.

Thanks, I'll see how I get on.

HarryTrauts | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've tried contacting them and can only get their customer services number and have waited and waited, listening to them play the same few bars of Vivaldi over and over. No luck so far. I'll try again tomorrow.  37

dches1 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I was passed alarmingly closely by a Sky van with Team Sky emblazoned all over it this week! The irony was lost on them I think but certainly not on myself.

notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

I wonder if the drivers have received some cycle awareness training or if you were simply passed by a decent driver? Hopefully the former, if I was running the firm and putting those graphics on the vans you can be damn sure I'd want to minimise the risk of any "oh the irony, just close passed/wiped out by a Yodel van with 'we love cyclists' graphic!" posts turning up on social media...

farrell replied to notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes
notfastenough wrote:

if I was running the firm and putting those graphics on the vans you can be damn sure I'd want to minimise the risk of any "oh the irony, just close passed/wiped out by a Yodel van with 'we love cyclists' graphic!" posts turning up on social media...

A bit like a Sky installation van with images of the Sky team on it being used as a weapon to run cyclists off the road.

PhillBrown replied to farrell | 9 years ago
0 likes
farrell wrote:
notfastenough wrote:

if I was running the firm and putting those graphics on the vans you can be damn sure I'd want to minimise the risk of any "oh the irony, just close passed/wiped out by a Yodel van with 'we love cyclists' graphic!" posts turning up on social media...

A bit like a Sky installation van with images of the Sky team on it being used as a weapon to run cyclists off the road.

dches1 wrote:

I was passed alarmingly closely by a Sky van with Team Sky emblazoned all over it this week! The irony was lost on them I think but certainly not on myself.

You guys are missing the point... Sky installers are not being dangerous or ironic, they are trying to send you to the sky instead!

Shep73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I would tell them. Because if they see it is noticed they will see their efforts are worthwhile.

OldRidgeback replied to Shep73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Shep73 wrote:

I would tell them. Because if they see it is noticed they will see their efforts are worthwhile.

+1 - and if the driver is then informed that someone commented favourably, he or she will be more likely to do the same next time as well. When I'm on my bicycle or motorbike and car drivers show consideration, I will give them a wave of appreciation if I can. That helps reinforce their behaviour and encourages them to continue to do so. Positivity helps on the road.

Latest Comments