Home

The idea of this site is to do more than bang up stories about cycling - we want to get out and ride out bikes with the people who use the site - hence the cc in our name.

So, we're entering a team in the Bikes4Africa Night Baton Relay at Hullavington airfield on the 20th of September, so not long then. From the blurb it sounds like a 12 hour night time enduro for road bikes (and a good cause), not done one of them before so we thought we'd give it a go. Good chance to test some lights too.

And we'd like you to join us. If you fancy being in the road.cc team ping us an email to info [at] road.cc.
Hullavington is near Chippenham out in the wild and wooly west – not that we're trying to put you off or anything…

8 comments

DaveP [412 posts] 8 years ago
0 likes

If you get notification of anything happening near Warrington, please let me know..... I might even put slicks on the MTB. :-)

(BTW, what does the CC stand for?)

Tony Farrelly [2871 posts] 8 years ago
0 likes

Will do Dave.
As for the dot CC? On here it stands for Cycling Club… in other places it stands for Chinese Company

DaveP [412 posts] 8 years ago
0 likes

My experience of Roadies would lead me to think it should be "Can't Communicate"... Tight lipped buggers, I never get as much as a smile out of them. :-(

0 likes

I know some vey friendly ones. Tight lips stop you getting flys in your teeth

Slim [11 posts] 8 years ago
0 likes

Couldn't agree more - I forget how many times I've lapped Richmond Park now, and the only person I've spoken to was an MTBer!

ourmaninthenorth [81 posts] 8 years ago
0 likes

Being miserable is something I usually see as the preserve of MTBers. Too cool to speak to you out in the hills; too busy checking out your bike to determine whether you're sufficiently fashionable enough to join their clique/niche.

the-yorkshire-p... [173 posts] 8 years ago
0 likes

I'd have been up for this, if it was more south-east / london based. No idea where Chippenham is!

Slim - I'm a regular in RP - living in surbiton. Drop me a line if you fancy a ride sometime. I'm on singletrack too with the same login.

0 likes

about an hour down the M4 from West London, so not that far from Richmond… there's still a place left