Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

25mm continental gp 4000s II

I need some new rubber and am trying to find 25mm contis with no luck, does anyone have any ideas. I have seen them for £40 - £45, which is too much, but not at the £30 mark.

Also looking at the vittoria open corsa cx, or the schwalbe one v guard. What is the best tire?

I'm replacing 23mm versions of the conti's and have been very happy with them (never punctured, which I've just now jinxed :/)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

Vejnemojnen | 9 years ago
0 likes
MajorWagonWheel | 9 years ago
0 likes

25s are back in stock at Wiggle. I've just ordered the twin set. The 28s were too wide on my semi-rims to fit under my mudguards.

Anthony.C | 9 years ago
0 likes

No offence intended, it wasn't specifically aimed at you . Apparently they were out of stock yesterday at Ribble but they aren't now so I am a little confused as to why you paid a few quid more to get them from Sigma ?

brokenorange | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks guys, got some from sigma in the end  1 Was really tepmted to go for the vittoria's to try something new and they sound great but reliability won out in the end.

...and what's eating you Antony.C "How hard have you looked?" !!!

auke | 9 years ago
0 likes

Massive sale there at Ribble, even the comments are sold out  103

The Schwalbe one's at 25mm appear very reliable to me, great grip and very durable in harsh conditions since a year and a half now.

Low Speed Wobble | 9 years ago
0 likes

Vittoria Open Corsa ride beautifully, but cut easily and wear quickly. I now use the (tubular) Corsa on my race wheels, and (clincher) Conti GP4000S on all other wheels. 25mm as standard for sure. Can't go wrong.

Anthony.C | 9 years ago
0 likes

How hard have you looked ? Ribble have them for £31.95

Pret replied to Anthony.C | 9 years ago
0 likes
Anthony.C wrote:

How hard have you looked ? Ribble have them for £31.95

Sorry mate but on the day of writing the comment was out of stock.

pdf500 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sigma Sport £35 each.

Bucko | 9 years ago
0 likes

Try Tweeks, showing as in stock and about £35 each

AJ101 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just been looking behind the scenes on Spokely and you're right, looks like a worldwide  3 shortage on 25mms and the retailers know it - Merlin would be good but they are showing up as out of stock. Its going to be 28s or biting the bullet and paying out £45 for one at Chain Reaction or getting the pair for £85 http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/continental-grand-prix-4000s-ii-road-...

userfriendly | 9 years ago
0 likes

Why not go for the 28? They roll faster and are comfier.

Pret | 9 years ago
0 likes

25mm out of stock almost everywhere...

bobinski | 9 years ago
0 likes

Merlin, 2 for £60 inc inner tubes.

Latest Comments